Difficulty paying for item

Hello! I always pay for items using my Visa card; however, this time ebay automatically switched me to paypal. When I came to the section, not a paypal member, I used this as always. Once I filled in the information, I got a message saying that because I had a paypal account, I had to use that service.

When I tried to find out my paypal password, which I do not recollect, I was asked to answer two security questions, which I did. Nevertheless, I was informed these were the wrong answers, and I could not find out my password until I answered these questions correctly.

When I advised ebay of the problem, they advised me to contact them or paypal by phone. Well, I have a speech problem,  'spastic dysphonia', and do not speak well on the telephone. People cannot understand what I am saying.

I am at a loss what to do.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Difficulty paying for item

Hmmm. That is a puzzler. I cannot understand the reason you were switched to paypal when you would normally use your credit card without difficulty, but let's move to the end of your dilemma first.

If you go to https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/email you should be able to describe to them your situation and ask for direction without using the telephone to do so. BUT don't include any confidential information in your message.

Does that help?

It may also be a good idea to let your seller know that you've intentions to pay but are having some trouble with a paypal log-in. Let them know you plan to pay as soon as you have it resolved. 

Good luck as you carry forward. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply