Dispute opened against me, item received. CONFUSED

A buyer opened a dispue against me for slow shipping. he has since left me a positive feedback and stated he has item, but the dispute remains open.  ive emailed him, no response. what are my options?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

How long since the disute was opened?

How long since you emailed them?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

the disputes been open 10days. 3 days since i emailed them

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If you have a delivery confirmation number enter that in the Dispute as proof of delivery. Unfortunately, that is the only proof eBay/Paypal will accept.

After this all plays out, you can leave a Response to either your own or your customer's feedback. While the most effective Responses are calm and factual, they are not required to be postive.  There is no time limit on leaving Responses.

You may also want to add this bidder to your Blocked Bidder List.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

'femmefan' - 

Do you happen to know whether disputes that are abandoned by buyers (i.e. never pursued but never closed by either party) eventually expire, and if so, after how many days?  In this case it seems the OP might have some difficulty getting teh dispute closed himself unless he can provide Delivery Confirmation. 

I haven't been able to find this information, and I expect it's not something that eBay would openly publicize. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I believe cases run for 30 days and if not escalated they simply go away at that point.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thanks 'recped' -- I'll put that in my pocket and pull it out if I need it in the future! 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@recped wrote:

I believe cases run for 30 days and if not escalated they simply go away at that point.

I don't know about eBay, but for PayPal, it is 20 days. PP will close it if the buyer doesn't transform it into a claim.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply