Do all the rules and regulations of EBay.com

...apply to me as a Canadian Seller that lists (as of May 1st) on EBay.com ?

I am most concerned with this rule:

Keep in mind that, starting May 1, 2016, listings from Top Rated sellers must offer at least a 30-day money-back return policy to earn the Top Rated Plus discount and seal. The handling requirement (same-day or one-day handling) still applies. - See more at: http://announcements.ebay.com/2016/02/sellers-new-more-objective-standards-take-effect-tomorrow-lear...

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Since you are not a TRS Plus on eBay.com do not worry about it.

Work to maintain your TRS (Global) status and keep your 20% rebate on ALL sales on eBay.ca and eBay.com

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

they have a few different rules,one being that you maintain 113 sales minimum at a value of 1200.00 dollars i think is the right figure to be top rated,they also have a top rated plus badge if you offer returns for a certain amount of time,they are a bit stricter in there rules.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

As a Canadian seller, you get the TRS status based on Global sales, even for listings/sales on eBay.com

What you do not get with the TRS Global status is the TRS+ icon within the listings on .com.

Who cares?

You are still eligible to the 20% rebate FVF for sales on .ca and .com

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanks....needed some info on this as I do not accept returns, nor do I plan to and I wanted to know if I'd be forced to accept returns if I move over to .com EBay.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@aubreyclay56 wrote:

they have a few different rules,one being that you maintain 113 sales minimum at a value of 1200.00 dollars i think is the right figure to be top rated, ...

For eBay.com : To be a Top Rated Seller, you must have at least 100 transactions and 1000US$ in sales during the past 12 months.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

But what about: must offer at least a 30-day money-back return policy to earn the Top Rated Plus discount and seal.
This is my concern - not the sales, etc.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Since you are not a TRS Plus on eBay.com do not worry about it.

Work to maintain your TRS (Global) status and keep your 20% rebate on ALL sales on eBay.ca and eBay.com

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

You don't have to accept returns.

But if you take Paypal, you do have to give refunds.

If you don't mind your unhappy customer keeping the item she's complaining about that's fine. I guess there are hygiene questions with mouthpieces?

The problem that eBay has not faced up to is that non-US sellers cannot send Return Shipping Labels to US -based buyers in return for refund cases.

But that doesn't concern you if you don't want your items back anyway.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply