Does anyone use a call centre?

I want to start using a toll-free number (on my Prostores site) for buyers who prefer to order and pay directly by credit card. Does anyone use or can anyone recommend a call centre service that can do this. Thanks
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I can't see the need for a call centre unless you are expecting a huge volume of calls.

I have a toll-free number, some days I get a few calls some days I get none. I certainly prefer to speak to my customers directly rather than dumping them on some clueless call centre.

Ben
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

True, but I plan to be traveling a lot and won't be in front of a computer for hours at a time to take orders.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

call forwarding?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Have them fax in a simple form.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Have them fax in a simple form.

Nice concept but in practise it doesn't work well. Perhaps 2% of my customers who pay direct by credit card use a fax machine to provide their info.

Few people (myself included) have little need or access to fax machines anymore.

Ben

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

If I am not in front of a computer...call forwarding to where to enter in credit card info etc?:-)

That's why I need an answering/order entry service when I am not around (such as in North Korea to get more inventory, where for all practical purposes they don't have phones).

I get the impression that not too many people here use these services...

Perhaps I should look at investing in a wife!
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Perhaps I should look at investing in a wife!

I'd quess a call centre would be cheaper!

I understand now what you need....In the Toronto Yellow Pages there are many listings under "Telephone Messaging Services". If it's just a recommendation you're looking for I doubt there is anyone on this board who can help.

If it were me I'd be looking at one of the smaller players.

Ben

Have you thought about bringing back someone from North Korea to answer the phones for you?

Message 8 of 8
latest reply