Dose ebay charge you too relist an item?

Hello

I'm a new seller on here and I would like too know if ebay charges you too re list an item that doesn't sell.  I'm currently selling 4 items and so far have had no luck selling them and I think the listing might end without them selling.  If that happens and I re list them would I be charged?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Yes, every time you relist, you are starting a new listing, so you'd be charged (unless you still have those 50 monthly promos remaining).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@kevinb6427 wrote:

Hello

I'm a new seller on here and I would like too know if ebay charges you too re list an item that doesn't sell.  I'm currently selling 4 items and so far have had no luck selling them and I think the listing might end without them selling.  If that happens and I re list them would I be charged?

There are situations where you will not be charged for relisting an item.  See "Relisting your Item" under the Customer Support tab.  Here is the outline: 

Normally, insertion fees for your listing aren't refundable. 

However, if your listing ends without a winning buyer or with an unpaid item, you may receive a credit when you relist your item. To qualify for a free relist credit, you must meet these requirements:

• Your listing is an auction-style or eBay Motors Best Offer listing
  • You relist your item within 90 days of the original listing
  • Your item sells the second time

Learn more about relisting your item.

Keep in mind that the free relist credit applies only to insertion fees. Optional listing upgrade fees, such as reserve price or second category, don't qualify for a credit or refund.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Yes, every time you relist, you are starting a new listing, so you'd be charged (unless you still have those 50 monthly promos remaining).

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I have only listed 4 items so far so I guess it would be free to re list but my limit would drop a little.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@kevinb6427 wrote:

Hello

There are situations where you will not be charged for relisting an item.  See "Relisting your Item" under the Customer Support tab.  Here is the outline: 

Normally, insertion fees for your listing aren't refundable. 

However, if your listing ends without a winning buyer or with an unpaid item, you may receive a credit when you relist your item. To qualify for a free relist credit, you must meet these requirements:

• Your listing is an auction-style or eBay Motors Best Offer listing
  • You relist your item within 90 days of the original listing
  • Your item sells the second time

Learn more about relisting your item.

Keep in mind that the free relist credit applies only to insertion fees. Optional listing upgrade fees, such as reserve price or second category, don't qualify for a credit or refund.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply