Dreaming of a good Post Office

2 emails from buyer, one in hamilton and one in Calgary. Nothing in 2 weeks for a package sent first class.

Had a similiar package arrive from Japan. To ship to Japan would cost 3.20CAD. The sender paid 150 yen, about 1.75CAD ( almost half ). Shipped on Dec 3. Arrived Dec 9.

One can only dream.

Angelo Castellano
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

scouttech-outfitters
Community Member
Not bad!

I had a package take 2 months to go from Toronto to Brantford through expedited parcel.

CP claimed it was lost and sent me a cheque so I sent out a new bag. About 6 weeks after the customer received their 2nd bag the original came!

(it is a 1 day delivery to begin with :|)
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

**niko***
Community Member
I found a good post office - its in Niagara Falls, New York. Cheap, fast service, 24 hour automated machine for parcels, delivery confirmation for 45 cents, and so on and so on.

Even better, there's one in Buffalo that is open 24/7 - according to deb.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

scouttech-outfitters
Community Member
Nice! I wish I lived closer to the border!

How big are the lineups at the queenston lewiston bridge nowadays?
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Yep 24/7 USPS in Buffalo, New York. It's staffed by happy people too! They also have the self serve machines, boxes, bubble wrap, tape and whatever else you may need if you need. 285 Cayuga Road It's right across the street from the Buffalo airport. Stuff is getting to people faster than I can email them to let them know it shipped.

We cross at the Queenston/Lewiston bridge all the time and haven't had a line yet. Going to the US they have 4 or 5 lanes open and there's anywhere from 1 - 3 cars in them. Coming back to Canada there are only 1 or 2 open, mostly just the 1. We've encountered maybe 6 cars ahead of us. It depends on the time you cross.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply