Ebay Feedback Rule is the Worst Ever

mobilekingking
Community Member
This is makign me mad, I have noticed that all these negative feedbacks are from feedbacks under 100, there all new buyers etc. or just regular buyers, taking advantage of this negative feedback, I had a guy threathen me to give him 20$ extra so he wouldnt leave me negative feedback, Like how screwed is that. I dont know where to take my rage, and I had a buyer who left me negative feedback and never paid for the items and ebay would not even remove it they left me 2 negative feedbacks! Then I had buyers who were refunded because unconfirmed address left me negative feedback and ebay did nothing about it again. We cant do nothing. I think I am just going to stop selling on ebay, they put me on some probation already for 75% i just dont know where to take my rage off at.
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

sweet_thingz
Community Member
I haven't had any negatives yet, but I'm scared to look everyday 😞

Think I'm going to stop selling on ebay too.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Another good example of how Ebay is costing themselves money.(If you folks quit) On another chat board outside of Ebay, powersellers have been listing the decrease in fees paid as a result of quitting or reducing their Ebay business. One guy in particular caught my eye as he went from $8600 a month in fees paid down to $700 a month. Personally I give ebay about a third of the fees I used to. Where exactly will the sellers come from and where will Ebay get it's money once they have maliciously destroyed the online sales of 80% of their customer base???!!!

Does Miriam have an answer to that!

Their stock price is down 4 bucks since the new changes took effect. Hardly a vote of confidence on the radical rule changes.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I was paying ebay about $5,000 a month in fees until about 1 year ago. I now give them about $300 a month in fees (I've all but stopped selling on eBay -- just clearing out stock now)

John
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
Wow you got slaughtered this month Mobile king tough go .
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

mobilekingking
Community Member
yah man i pay 1000 to 2000$ fee i Guess Im gona stop listing soon i was just doing trial and was going to go spend more I guess Il go with Google Ads then advertise with those my website.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
mobilekingking- try this one.
I am considering leaving a NEGATIVE for a seller with a 400+STAR (from another eBay ID with over 245 transactions)- because they REFUSED to ship to a CONFIRMED PayPal address!
Just when you thought you'd run into everything- the seller wrote that they were 'uncomfortable' sending the item to a CONFIRMED address- because I had earlier asked if I could direct it to another address. (they ship to both Canada & the US)
I decided to save the time playing e-mail tag, and directed it to be sent to me- CONFIRMED PayPal address- eBay REGISTERED Address-
and the seller REFUSED. Then proceeded to make a PAYMENT to us- NOT A REFUND- but a PAYMENT.
So- not only have I wasted time finding, and purchasing the item- I am expected to PAY FEES to accept a return of my money. Something is very wrong here!
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
Ya me also . Im spending 9000.00 launching a new site the end of this month . I gotta spend an extra 2000.00 just to have it done quick . Im getting tired of being terrorized by buyers (just the odd few) and the fee's for selling .

LOL a confirmed address wow . I ship to any address buyer gives me . Chances of a Charge back are like what 1 in 2000 if that . Better then causeing problems or unhappy customers .

ID give them a neg for being such a nooooooooob .

THanks
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
I just left the NEG for a non-selling seller:
"WON & PAID for in 3 days. Seller refuses PayPal CONFIRMED Address shipment. WHY?"

I am certain that this is one unhappy seller.
However- after SIX years, and 450+ transactions- I expect that seller to
A) Know that REFUSING to ship to a PayPal CONFIRMED addess is a BAD thing !!!
AND B) Know how to properly REFUND a payment.

If as a seller you have second thoughts about selling an item- don't come complaining to me about shipping to a CONFIRMED ADDRESS- that is the best, and safest thing a seller can, and MUST do.

If you are going to REFUND MONEY- do it correctly. Don't make a PAYMENT to me- one that incurs international fees! A PAYMENT to a PREMIER account- IS NOT A REFUND.

And- fully 100% expect a NEGATIVE FB for the time and aggravation you have caused me. NON-SELLERS are just as much a pain as non-paying bidders!
But, at least the SELLER get CAN get a NEGATIVE to let everyone know of their actions.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

??? ----) Lina
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
marsu450- I simply meant that when a seller commits such an egregious act- like refusing to deliver to a CONFIRMED ADDRESS, there is some recourse. NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

As a seller I do not have the luxury of leaving that NEGATIVE FEEDBACK for a buyer. I am not permitted to say anything remotely negative about a buyer in the feedback forum. So, when things go wrong, you end up hoping for the best (regarding feedback that the buyer can leave). No matter how outrageous the buyer's demands may be we cannot retaliate through feedback, so BLOCKING them from any future bidding, is about the best eBay offers.

It is absolutely a BUYER's market on eBay- and some SELLER aggression is likely showing itself through frustrated SELLER's becoming very picky buyers! SELLER's understand the rules (or should), and are the best to hold other sellers more accountable. If we have to follow the rules- we should expect other sellers to follow the rules.
So, when another seller attempts something, when we are the buyer, we are likely the best educated, and most articulate, to keep them accountable.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

mobilekingking
Community Member
Today some smart buyer leaves me a neutral feedback?? and the neutral feedback like brings your feedback down, i expresed him a new product out of my cost so i dont get a neagative and i guarantee you the product i sent you was brand new but he was bsing and i sent him a new one and gives me a NEUTRAL. WOW im mad!
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

comics-rock
Community Member
i quit selling sometime ago. just logged on a week ago to get rid of some comics i can't sell anywhere else to find some of you still here. hats off to you for sticking at it, but its only a matter of time. find another more stress free forum for selling. im telling you you stop selling on ebay, stop checking it every 10 minutes so you can ship quicker and get better feedback, stop worrying if your going to get negative feedback etc....im 100% less stressed since i stopped selling!!!
Message 13 of 13
latest reply