Ebay Not Yet Following THEIR OWN Feedback Policies!

tea_past_times
Community Member
Home > Help Topics > PowerSeller Support > General PowerSeller inquiry

It was my understanding that Ebay was going to remove negative feedback comments from Sellers Feedback Profiles, if the members that left them were now unregistered/or suspended.

On November 17th 2007, member teapothk left a negative comment for me after he was a non paying bidder. His status soon became NOT A REGISTERED USER. However, the comment remains in my profile, and affects my feedback score.

On May 27th of this year, I contacted live help and was told the comment should be removed from my profile. I was provided a link to the Ebay feedback Removal team, however I could not use the link because the screen says the item number is too old. The item number was: 230184239683

Please could you, in accordance with your own policies, follow through and have this comment from an unregistered user removed ASAP?

Thank you. Please don't forward a link, as I've tried that and it doesn't work. Please forward this yourself to someone who deals with this matter. Thank you kindly. -PHIL
Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

tea_past_times
Community Member
Miriam, oh Miriammmmmmmm........
Message 2 of 35
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Ebay Policy followed as described - 0 stars
Ebay Live Help Communication - 3 stars
Time It Costs to me to correct - 1 stars
Time I've waited for the fix - 0 stars

Get your DSR's up Ebay, or I'll neg you, and reduce your visibility, and raise your costs!!

You've fallen below 4.5!!!!
Message 3 of 35
latest reply

sunrunnerultra
Community Member
From ***Feedback Changes – Common Questions Answered***

One last note: we have not yet removed negative and neutral Feedback left by members who are currently suspended. We'll begin doing so in late May, and it will take us a few weeks to complete. So, if you have negative or neutral Feedback from a suspended member, it should be removed by early June, at which point it will no longer affect your Feedback score and percentage.
Message 4 of 35
latest reply

miriam@ebay.com
Community Member
sunrunnerultra beat me to it but yes, the removal of negative and neutral Feedback from suspended members should start this week. You should see the negative in question disappear from your score and percentage shortly.

Thanks,

Miriam
Message 5 of 35
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Thank you!!
Message 6 of 35
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Hey an answer. The wrong answer. but it's an answer:

Subject: CA74258 Thank you for contacting eBay Trust and Safety. (KMM56433031V8638L0KM) Received: May-27-08
Hello Philip,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to the difficulty you've
experienced with your trading partner, teapothk. My name is Rainer, and
it's my pleasure to assist you today.

I understand how frustrating it is when you receive a negative feedback.
In some cases, we can remove Feedback, but only if the comment meets the
requirements for removal under our Feedback Abuse and Removal policy.
We've reviewed the Feedback that you asked about and determined that it
doesn't meet the removal requirement as outlined in the policy. The
member in question is currently a registered user.

To learn more about the eBay Feedback Abuse and Removal policy and the
requirements for removal, go to:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/feedback-abuse-withdrawal.html

To learn more about other suggestions for resolving Feedback disputes,
go to:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/feedback/feedback-disputes.html

I realize this must be a very frustrating experience, and I apologize
for any inconvenience it has caused.

Again, I'd like to thank you for your email, and please don't hesitate
to get back to us with any future concerns you may have.

Sincerely,

Rainer
eBay Customer Support

Photobucket
Message 7 of 35
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
The member in question is currently a registered user!!!!

I do not think so!!

Miriam?????

Does Ebay know who is registered and who is not!!

What a company. Did the person who answered my letter even search the users ID. Sheesh!!
Message 8 of 35
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
EBay should be embarrased!
Message 9 of 35
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
I have replied with the following:

Member teapothk is NOT A REGISTERED USER. PLease check your records again more carefully. When I do an ebay search by bidder the ID shows as not registered, what are you looking at!! - PHILX-(
Message 10 of 35
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Perhaps if we had REAL PEOPLE answering the power seller support emails, this would not happen. It's obvious that a computer spit out this pre fab, cure all do nothing answer.

With all the fee increases, there is still no one at Ebay answering either the phone or email.

Ebay you are such a disgrace and do not give the customer service you expect of us. Not any where close. Not at all. 0 Stars for you on all counts!!
Message 11 of 35
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
But thanks anyway Rainer, the imaginary customer support person.
Message 12 of 35
latest reply

I hear ya, Tea,
I had "RAINER" email me the same BS answer when I tried to get two neutrals removed last week (which are really just negatives in disguise- look up neutral in the dictionary, eBay!!!). One was obviously left by mistake as the buyer even followed up by saying he left the feedback to the wrong seller. But "RAINER", nor anyone else at eBay give a rats @$$ about us anymore anyways, as evidenced by the same generic reply that I received (same as yours), and all of the new policies designed to bury all of the great sellers, and ultimately sink eBay's ship once and for all.

Axe
Message 13 of 35
latest reply

Funny - we too had the displeasure of hearing from Rainer also concerning a feedback removal request.

I guess ebaY has filled the void with phoney BOTS and actually gave them names to make us think we are getting a real human response.

Talk about cheesey or what.
Message 14 of 35
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
I responded to the latest message I got from them this way:

Hello Rainer,

Thank you for automatedly replying with a nonsensical answer programmed into you when you
were manufactured.

It is frustrating believing we actually have customer support for powersellers, when in
fact all responses are automated and don't match the situation described

It must be tough having only certain scripts to read from and never helping anyone. If
you were a real, living breathing person, you might have actually read the concerns and
details of my question and you would not have replied with laughable canned responses.

I'm sorry Ebay lied again when they promised us better support and less canned automated
responses.
Message 15 of 35
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Fake promotions
Fake Customer Service
Fake Fee Reductions
Fake Site Exposure
Fake Exchange Rates

FAKEBAY!!
Message 16 of 35
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Maybe we should pay them with Fake money!!
Message 17 of 35
latest reply

miriam@ebay.com
Community Member
Good morning tea_past_times et al,

So I can confirm that Rainer is a real person. I've actually laid eyes upon him and watched him breathe.

That said, I also forwarded your concern along to Customer Support. It is my understanding that you received a follow-up email to the one you received, this one containing the correct information.

I'm sorry that you received the wrong information in the first place - it should not have happened.

Regards,

Miriam
Message 18 of 35
latest reply

saanderson18
Community Member
I suppose the more pertinent question should be, Miriam are you real? Because I've received exactly the same canned responses to entirely different situations and, upon complaining, been presented with the exact same scripts in their entirety! It is as if the fools/machines spitting them out have not checked to see if "canned response 'x'" (or whatever) was sent out during a given session of communication. I can count on one hand the number of unique responses available through ebay's powerseller assistance program (and I do not require all 5 digits).

Just hire some staff, stop treating us like children, and admit publicly that the feedback system is a dinosaur past its' time. Its' original intent was not to have dada-ebaaaaaaaaaaaa looking over our shoulders and now it feels very paternalistic (and you are losing some of your best sellers).
Message 19 of 35
latest reply

miriam@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi saanderson18,

Yes, I'm quite real. I work in the Toronto office of eBay.ca. I have a wide range of responsibilities including being the Community Manager. One of my tasks is working with Customer Support to improve the quality of the email responses they send out. So if you have any examples of situations where you get an entirely wrong answer (as tea did above), please send them to me and I can escalate the issue, get you the right answer and ensure the rep who responded learns from his/her mistake.

Feel free to email me if you want to discuss further. My email is miriam@ebay.com.

Cheers,

Miriam
Message 20 of 35
latest reply