Ebay cancelled a transaction and didn't inform me

prodgold50
Community Member

So I sold an item waited and didn't get paid. When I contacted eBay customer support they told me they had cancelled the transaction, because of unspecified issues with the buyer.  Now I can't do anything with the transaction because the item number is invalid.

If a there is a known problem with a buyer it would be very useful if eBay would advise the seller immediately, or flag the sale to contact customer support.

Not helpful at all.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Can you find a record of the buyer's name?

If so, look under Advanced Search at the top right of this page?

Is the member now Not A Registered User (NARU)?

That means he has been kicked off the site.

Which is all you really need to know.

If you like you can also add the dead ID to your Blocked Bidder List (see bottom of this page-> Site Map-> Manage Bidders). In theory that will also Block bids from the same IP address in case the scammer tries to open a new ID.

because of unspecified issues with the buyer. 

Yeah. That's annoying, but it's eBay's legal boys doing their cover your assets thing. They don't want to be sued for calling somebody a crooked lying scumbag who doesn't see his dentist twice a year.

The important thing here is to relist* your item and get it sold to someone who will not cheat you.

Unike the NARU guy.

*Unfortunately, from time to time, a newbie seller has a failed transaction and that impinges on his already restricted number of listings for the month. Very frustrating. On the bright side, which is better, a month's delay in relisting or losing your item and your money?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Can you find a record of the buyer's name?

If so, look under Advanced Search at the top right of this page?

Is the member now Not A Registered User (NARU)?

That means he has been kicked off the site.

Which is all you really need to know.

If you like you can also add the dead ID to your Blocked Bidder List (see bottom of this page-> Site Map-> Manage Bidders). In theory that will also Block bids from the same IP address in case the scammer tries to open a new ID.

because of unspecified issues with the buyer. 

Yeah. That's annoying, but it's eBay's legal boys doing their cover your assets thing. They don't want to be sued for calling somebody a crooked lying scumbag who doesn't see his dentist twice a year.

The important thing here is to relist* your item and get it sold to someone who will not cheat you.

Unike the NARU guy.

*Unfortunately, from time to time, a newbie seller has a failed transaction and that impinges on his already restricted number of listings for the month. Very frustrating. On the bright side, which is better, a month's delay in relisting or losing your item and your money?

Message 2 of 2
latest reply