Ebay fully covers SNAD claim..when its in the news

tobyshitzu
Community Member

If you want an exception to losing your SNAD claims, you just need to get the Toronto Star to cover it and ebay will take the loss

http://startouch.thestar.com/screens/c2f98396-9374-4745-bd5e-ff1b885c5e84%7C_0.html

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

that is awesome i hope ebay learned something from this

@toby**bleep**zu wrote:

If you want an exception to losing your SNAD claims, you just need to get the Toronto Star to cover it and ebay will take the loss

http://startouch.thestar.com/screens/c2f98396-9374-4745-bd5e-ff1b885c5e84%7C_0.html

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Good article.  It shows that the only way you can really get any satisfaction from those big companies is if they fear you will do them harm.  That is why the seller got reimbursed.  Not because he was in the right but because once the story got around it might put off others from selling here.  It would look too risky.  

Some things author Martins says sound naive, like why people have to show ID to return something.  People commit fraud when they try to return, either a tampered item, a stolen one, and try to get cash.  People didn't used to have to show ID but its because of crooks that we do now.  Doesn't he know that?  

What should companies use for a recorded HOLD message besides the "high volume of calls right now" lie?  We are badly understaffed so wait your turn or go without. ?   He says hire more staff.  Companies want to maximize profit first of all, not make life easier for customers.  Big companies don't put customer service first because they don't need to.  

I am glad the eBay seller got his money back but it is unfortunate that eBay had to do it.  It's too bad the would-be crook did not have to pay for at least the shipping parts.  I also agree with eBay policy that they can't find in the seller's favor just because he says the item was fiddled with, "eBay would not be able to determine when it occurred or who did it" says the article.  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply