Ebay has no support for sellers

I'm just amazed how ebay seller protection program is non existent . I sell an item which the guy admits that he received the item ... but someone had opened it so demands another ... ebay decides the case in his favor with the reason being I didn't supply a tracking number .... if the buyer admits he received it how does a tracking number make a difference ? It just tells you the same thing as he said himself he received it . Then u call them and all support keeps repeating is there's no tracking number ... even though he said package arrived lol its simply a joke and ebay should be disgraced that it's sup port staff has no idea how to deal with issues and read from a script . I'm done with this company . It's a disgrace to call yourself a " safe place to sell "
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Plus on top of that the same guy leaves negative feed backs that he didn't receive other items from me ... and there's emails that he says he received them and ebay support doesn't change it ... doesn't respond to my multile complaints about it ... just silence from ebay customer support for sellers . Seller protection is a farce and this company is overall ranking as laughable as far as support for sellers go
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

You can't sell if you have to provide a tracking number on lower price items because buyers consider the cost too much . But once u don't give a tracking number to make it more appealing cost wise you have 0 protection no matter what . The tracking number is all they see as customer support and without it you have no protection . I know ebay will have people reply to that comment and say it's not true but every single time in the last 4 years I've sold on ebay it hasn't matter what the issue was ... no tracking number then ebay will not help at all
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Even of the buyer admits he has the item without a tracking number you are to blame for everything ....
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Why was this guy NOT on your BLOCKED BUYER LIST if he's causing this many problems?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

Why was this guy NOT on your BLOCKED BUYER LIST if he's causing this many problems?

Never mind, I see he made 2 purchases at the same time and claimed the envelopes had been opened when they arrived and were empty.  Selling Canadian currency by lettermail is a higher risk selling activity.  When I was selling my older banknotes I sent them inside greeting cards using stamps and hand printed addresses to make them look as non-valuable as possible. I was also lucky that all my buyers were all honest (and that other members of the household were also honest).

Tracking would not have helped in your case if he was insisting the item was not inside the parcel. Leave factual feedback or use the report this buyer link. It will not help you but will flag the buyer as a problem.

-..-

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I hate to say this... but I would try and call into eBay one more time and try for a different rep who isn't a parrot... if you have email's containing proof, someone has to take you serious... 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

The buyer admits they received the items that you sent or are they just saying that they received the envelopes but that were empty?  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi not worth even talking to ebay. I had buyer buy a item $16.99 with shipping buyer open case INR. So after couple of days  i  refund his money. A week later i get postive feed back from buyer great item thank you.I email him threw ebay and asked him did you get your item ? He said yes i did. So how about sending me my money you open a case that you did not get your item. Does not get back to me. Call ebay on phone for 2 hours  all are lines are busy will get to you soon  i hang up. I phone in about 1 hour phone rings once they answer tell them what happened they tell me i will have a refund in 2 days they sent me a claim in my email to check and see how things are going. When i click on the button it tells me this page does not work. Four days go buy no refund so i call again and i get US call center and i tell my story again they tell me i gave the refund voluntarily and so no refund. When the claim was first opened ebay said i had 7 days to refund buyer and if i did not they would take the money out of my account and refund buyer. How is that a voluntarily giving a refund i ask the  them.. The bay rep goes and talks to some one else and comes back and tells me that i did not have tracking number so to bad. This is a true story i did not make this up good luck. Not worth even calling e bay customer service. There i no selles protection here even if you have the proof.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply