Ebay unlisted my item after it was bought saying the buyer was not authorized. What do I do now?

yujimmyan
Community Member

Ebay unlisted my item after it was sold and sent me a message saying my item has been unlisted due to the buyer/ bidder being unauthorized. I'm confused on what this means and currently the item is sitting in my sold tab. I've tried contacting the buyer but there was no answer and there is no indication of money having been sent. I'm not sure what to do now. I've tried to just relist the item, but it doesn't seem to want to work and still stays in my sold tab.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Ebay unlisted my item after it was bought saying the buyer was not authorized. What do I do now?

To begin, DO NOT SHIP until you see the payment in your Paypal account.

Don't believe anything else and if you seem to get an email from PP, don't go to your account from the email.

The cancellation of the sale could mean almost anything, but the main point is that eBay does not believe the buyer is capable of completing the sale.

About the relist.

Give it 24 hours and then put it up again using Sell Similar. That should get around any problems. And yes, it will still show in your Sold list, because there was a transaction even though it failed. Don't worry about it. You should not be charged any Final Value Fees (FVF) on the failed transaction.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Exactly what femmefan said but what error message are you getting? Is it telling you that you can't relist it because your selling limits have been met? The failed transaction shouldn't count against you but will unless you call ebay to get your 'selling limits lifted' to work around this sale that wasn't. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for the reply. I wasn't about to send the item without seeing payment. I'll try your work around and see if I can get my listing back up.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Call Ebay Customer Service to straighten-out the listing

Message 5 of 5
latest reply