End of Auction emails not being sent?

shooger
Community Member
I'm either getting them late (usually after the PayPal email comes in!) or never. Right now, I just sold a $32 and $135 item (I always use But It Now) so I want to follow up on them. The buyer looks a little shady, and large items like that make me want things to go smoothly. Without the emails coming in, I can't really proceed. I wish I could rely on this system, but whenever I do that, something like this happens and I have to be really cautious. For all I know, the buyer is asking me a question and waiting for an answer before he pays, but I'm not getting the emails.

Anyone else?
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

mevans_dot_net
Community Member
I'm missing two EOA emails from 2 days ago. These were for store items I didn't even notice sold. At least with the auctions I usually catch it if the total number has gone down - means some were purchased. The buyer said she didn't get any emails either. Just glad she's not a newbie with an itchy trigger finger on that "neg button".
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
Weird.

And today, I'm not getting some of the PayPal payment received emails. I checked my PayPal account, and the payments have been made, but the emails aren't being sent out. It's making bookeeping a real nightmare because I do EVERYTHING by email.

And no, there's nothing wrong with my computer or Shaw.
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

llee2
Community Member
Ditto here with the Paypal emails. And no, I don't use Shaw...
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

jhongs
Community Member
Got the same problems today. hope it gets fixed soon
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

hockeyref63
Community Member
Me too, a buyer e-mails me and says he paid for his auction via Paypal. I said no I have not recieved a e-mail saying you paid yet. When I went to my Paypal account there it was! Also the e-check pending notices I am not getting when they clear, anyone else having this prob?
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
I'm not sure why you're advertising your service in this thread, auctiondrop... but now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Yes, I'm having problems with the eCheck clearing notices as well, hockeyref. I think it's basically all PayPal emails. The eBay stuff is coming through on a fairly regular basis now (still missing one here or there today) but the PayPal stuff is still not working. Part of "my thing" is that I ship on the same day I receive payment. Without notification that I've been paid (and without an email giving me the buyer's address) it's not easy to do that. I could log into the website and harvest the addresses out of there, but that's really not time efficient.

I'm just glad it's not only me. I hope they're working on the problem. Instead of those annoying ads when you log into PayPal, they could use our time to tell us about bug fixes they're currently working on...
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

laplaya29
Community Member
Me Three, I am not receiving pay pal notices of payment. I have started looking at my statement more carefully to see what has recently been paid that I did not get a notice. Just another added task among many others that I manually have to do now.
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Same problem here. PayPal emails not being sent out. That REALLY messes me up. Makes things all so very confusing. I've also had emails asking me for invoices after I have already sent them out the day before. Makes business difficult. I've never posted in here before, so HELLO to you all.
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
Nothing like a good crisis to bring the PowerSellers out of the woodwork, eh?

Welcome, conticel!

Is there any way we can complain to PayPal and see if we can get some action on this? No, I'm not going to call their "24 hour a day 365 days a year help line, now open 9-5 monday to friday to serve you better" number. 😐
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I have looked, and I can't seem to find a contact email for customer service or anything. I guess we will probably have to wait until they sort out their issues on their side. GREAT customer service for such a successful company, hey?
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
It's typical of big online companies to not post any kind of contact information. It saves on hiring people to answer phones, reply to emails, monitor forums, etc.

It really bothers me, dealing with a monopoly. I understand that it's perfectly within their right as a company to gouge us, screw us, and let those of us that can't handle it fall by the wayside. But that doesn't mean it feels good.
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

laplaya29
Community Member
One of my auctions closed last night, its now been over 12 hours and no sign of the end of auction notice. So they have not fixed the problem yet. All other e-mail is coming through just fine.
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
I got a bunch of PayPal emails today (mostly from stuff that was paid for several days ago) so I'm getting more and more up to date with my paperwork as times goes by. Hopefully they're getting the problem fixed! 🙂
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
I'm not getting some of my PayPal "payment received" emails again. Anyone else?
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Didn't know this board was here..., Hello everyone! 🙂

Has anyone tried calling Paypal's 1-800 number?
I've always found them really helpful the few times I've called.

Hope it gets sorted out for you.

Lynn
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Hi Lynn,

Glad you found the board - welcome!

Ann
Message 17 of 17
latest reply