Endicia

quikdropbcsur
Community Member
Howdy:

Like a lot of you here, we're starting to ship more stuff from south of the border. We'd like to prepay and pre-print USPS labels using Endicia. The issue we're running into in signing up with them is in paying them. They appear to only allow payment from U.S.-issued credit cards or U.S. checking accounts. Anyone here know if there is a way to get them to accept a Canadian-issued credit card?

Thanks in advance.
Ernie
QuikDrop of Surrey
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Endicia

jenzaka
Community Member
We use stamps.com and pay with our Paypal debit card(Mastercard).
If you don't have one you can sign up here:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_dc-intro&login_access=1118503479

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Endicia

I use Endicia and pay with my paypal debit/mastercard.
I do have a US bank account too as backup. Have you tried phoning Endicia for help?
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Endicia

When you sign up with the PayPal debit card, what do you enter for "State" and "Zip Code"? From what I can see the PP debit card is registered to our Canadian address and so the same problem arises when trying to fill out the online form.

We contacted Endicia and the rep wasn't very helpful, they offered very little in the way of assistance in this. They said we could sign up using the address of the post office in Blaine, Washington, but didn't have any suggestions on how to pay.

Cheers,
Ernie.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Endicia

Hi Ernie,

My Paypal card is registered to my home (Canadian) address and I use it several time a month to buy postage through Endicia. Can you try changing your PP debit card address to your WA PO address?

Ann
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Endicia

Maybe try this (copied from an old thread):
>>
im trying to change my billing currnecy to USD and add my paypal debit card(mastercard) for automated payments of my ebay fees.

the problem is every time i try to add the paypal card it says credit card autroization failed. i have tried over 20 times in the past few days and i cant seem to add it.

another thing, does the paypal debit card come with one of those 3 digit security numbers on the back? becuase if it did then mine may have obviously been rubbed off
2 replies Date posted Reply #
whoscloset (2844 ) View Listings | Report 26-07-04 18:37 EDT 1 of 2

It's tricky if you live in Canada. Apparently the system is not set-up to accept our postal code or province so you have to fill out the form in the following manner:

Under Billing Address line type in your address then space and then city.
Under City type in your province code
Under state/province type in FC
Under Postal Code type in 00000
Under country select United States

Yup, very confusing and not advertised, but it does work.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Endicia

quikdropbcsur
Community Member
Thanks. PayPal does let you edit and add addresses, but they force you to select a province, and force the country to be 'Canada'. Maybe you set up your account at a time when PayPal let you add U.S. addresses to your account. Another loophole closed?

The inserting data into different fields doesn't work because both Endicia and Stamps.com force you to select a specific U.S. state from a dropdown box.

Thanks for the ideas, though... still trying to figure out a way.

Cheers,
Ernie.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Endicia

power_batteries
Community Member
Go to the U.S. and set up a box with TSB Shipping or similar company to use as your U.S. address. If you don't already have one, set up a bank account down there after that and get a Visa check card or an actual credit card and use that for payment. (I would have assumed that you'd have a U.S. bank account just so that you could transfer your US$ PayPal money out without taking a huge exchange hit.)

C.G.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply