Error Code 70283

Hello 

We tested our account to sell our products.

We now have authorize.net as a credit card processor and when a customer click on the Pay button he gets an error message 

Error Code 70283

Is there a technical dept that can resolve this problem with Ebay ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Error Code 70283

Go to the Help & Contact link at the bottom of any ebay page and click off on Selling and Getting Started and pick a "problem" and you will get a "Call Us" option at the bottom of the page ... click on that and you will get the ebay phone number and an access code to use ... the wait time is currently 8 mins in the queue

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Error Code 70283

I don't know if this matters but I do not see your specific credit card processor on ebay's "list" for acceptable payments / See:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html

But it may not be a comprehensive list.

Also it says to make sure you have checkout enabled .

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Error Code 70283

Since I can't edit ....  I found more info on the ebay dot com site, found your credit card merchant there but not here on the ebay dot ca site so perhaps that is causing an issue, maybe the payment gateway for that company is only supported on the dot com site? If ebay dot ca support cannot assist you maybe try logging into ebay dot com and contacting support through there ( it's probably the same queue but at least the ebay dot com help pages actually mention merchant cc accounts and payment gateways)

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Error Code 70283

Have you set up that payment gateway on eBay?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/checkout-preferences.html#payflow

That is info from the .com site so I don't know if it works for Canadians as well.  The .ca site does state that we can take merchant cards but I didn't see a lot of info about it. I didn't  look to hard for it though, perhaps the modernowl can provide some links to the info they found.

is there any particular reason that you don't want to accept PayPal?  I think that you will find that some buyers only use PayPal and dont want to use or don't have a credit card.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Error Code 70283

@wooppicom wrote:

We tested our account to sell our products.

We now have authorize.net as a credit card processor and when a customer click on the Pay button he gets an error message 

Error Code 70283

You have to make your own decisions about running your business but as the others have said you might do better if you open and set up a PayPal account and take payments that way. 

The good thing about having PayPal is that everybody can buy.  You might find that some credit card users prefer the PP checkout because they are unsure of sending their info directly to a company they don't know.  Also you close the door to everyone with just a PP account to pay. 

There are some people who use straight credit card purchases, and some who use a PayPal account funded by either a credit card or just a bank account.  As the other poster said, a lot of people don't have or want credit cards.  Just as a lot of people don't have or want PayPal accounts.

If YOU the seller sets up a PP account to receive payments, then all those people can buy from you no matter what their preference.  Up to you, but you will make more money if you offer PayPal.  The PP checkout looks like this, and you can see that users have a choice, but all payments (PP accs and direct credit cards) are processed by PP:

checkout.jpg

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Error Code 70283

Hi PJ ~ any info I found was available off of the link you have included so thanks for posting that link !

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Error Code 70283

Hello

We set-up the autjorize.net in fact.

Now we have 2 problems, first we get an error message when people try to pay but in the end we paid anyway.

Second, the amount on ebay.com is in US and when we receive the payment it's the same number but in CAD, so this makes no sense.

reason why we decided to go without paypal : too many frauds with paypal accounts.

Thanks if a find a solution about our problems.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Error Code 70283

@wooppicom wrote:

Hello

We set-up the autjorize.net in fact.

Now we have 2 problems, first we get an error message when people try to pay but in the end we paid anyway.

Second, the amount on ebay.com is in US and when we receive the payment it's the same number but in CAD, so this makes no sense.

reason why we decided to go without paypal : too many frauds with paypal accounts.

Thanks if a find a solution about our problems.

Just wait until you get an Unauthorized Use claim and find out you are not in any way protected like you are with PayPal.

Of course INR claims, won't be any different, eBay's MBG works exactly the same regardless of the payment method.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Error Code 70283

Any problems with fraud that I've had through PayPal are when a customer claims an unauthorized credit card chargeback and in many cases I've been covered for loss by PayPal.  You'll have those same problems with or without PayPal. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Error Code 70283

I suspect problems will be far less without paypal.  But only because few will be willing to pay that way on ebay

Just did a search with 23,614 results.  Used the hidden "show only paypal" and got 23602.  Which is likely because 12 with paypal ended in teh few seconds it took 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply