Even if eBay has my Canadian location why won't it allow use of Canada Post

geoff-jazz
Community Member

???

It only gives USPS UPS as shipping options and I can't calculate shipping.  It's very time consuming to keep trying to guess flat rate shipping.  Is it because I am listing in US dollars? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You were probably signed in and listing on eBaydotCOM which only shows the US services. To get the Canadian services, including Canada Post, sign in on eBaydotCA, as you are now. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If yer primary market is the USA, sell from there and use their shipping options. I then select flat rate to Canada, and flat rate worldwide. For me, flat rate has always been easier.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member

1 of your listings is on .ca and fine.  The other is on .com, doesn't have any shipping to canada and uses a USPS service to the USA.  You'll be better off to do them all on .ca at least until you run out of fee listings, the fvf on shipping will end up slightly less too

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

geoff-jazz
Community Member

So the listings on .com should be pulled then and resubmitted? 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

If you want to use Canada Post Calculated,yes.

It's a learning curve. Since you are still using the 50 Free Auction Listings, you only lose a little time, not money.

By listing in US dollars and giving USA as a destination, with a shipping fee, you will get the same exposure in the US as you do with a dotCOM listing.

BTW, if you have items that you can use a flat rate on, then you can list another 50 items FREE on dotCOM. EBay winks at this little privilege for dotCA sellers.

And, unsolicited advice, look into all Canada Post services. If your items can be packed to be 2cm thick or less, they can go Letter/Light Packet. There is no insurance or tracking/confirmation of delivery available for this service, so you could add a few pennies as a self-insurance premium for the very very occasional loss. Shipping for $7.60 instead of $16.20 will increase your sales enough to pay for itself.

EBay gives us a lot of advice that is good for eBay but not necessarily for sellers.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

geoff-jazz
Community Member

Thanks for the advice everyone. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply