Everyone knows that paypal and the check out is coming to Ebay.ca but what about GST & PST

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
We all know that paypal will soon have the check out system on Ebay.ca . I am really curious as to weather it will include tgthe taxes as an option

At present time the ebay.com site check out does allow for you to add taxes. So if you live in CA in America and a customer does as well . The check out on Ebay.com charges the taxes

Wonder if in there wisdom Ebay.ca remember we have taxes as well in Canada and implemented it into thier NEW ebay.ca check out to be rolled out soon
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Everyone knows that paypal and the check out is coming to Ebay.ca but what about GST & PST

mirakbiz_inc
Community Member
I asked paypal this question and it looks like there's nothing on the near future. I guess they still believe that they can use a cookie cuter from an american thing and use it for Canada
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

mahsauction
Community Member
I'm sure that Canada is not the only country to have its own sales tax. Paypal should first allow sales tax to be modified manually by the seller instead of just limiting the sales tax to just US State tax. I'm not sure Paypal can design a system to account for every tax system in the world. Putting in fields so that sellers can manually adjust/add the sales tax would be a good first step.

Currently I just add it to the shipping and handling.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
What exactly is the point of listing on Ebay.ca in the first place? Are the listing fees cheaper?
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

mirakbiz_inc
Community Member
I don't think that the point is listing on the .ca site, but much more important being able to support sales to canadians by properly charging taxes. If you have your account based on the .ca (like I do) and had a proper checkout that allowed you to charge the appropriate taxes to Canadians (regardless if the sale was done on .ca or .com) then a lot of people will use such checkout as opposed to either manually have to produce emails with the appropriate calculations or having to resource to an external party like Auction Works to provide checkout functionality with the appropriate taxes.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Well very soon when you list in Ebay.com . A Canadian will be able to goto Ebay.ca and complete the ebay check out on the item , even though the item was listed on Ebay.com

So it's kind of important , the comments above related to taxes throough the paypal system.

I understand the comment ,

however I am taking about Ebay not paypal , none of the other eBay sites have a eBay check out rolling out on them? .I always see eBay.ca copying eBay.com

I was just hoping they would copy the tax lay out in the Ebay.com site to be reflective on Canadian's on Ebay.ca
Message 6 of 6
latest reply