FREE Fixed Price Listing

Could you tell please when the next One or Several Days FREE Fixed Price Listing promotion?

I thing that it's the time.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

FREE Fixed Price Listing

Generally eBay does not announce in advance dates of "by invitation" promotions. If they did, nobody would ever list at regular fee - which are already very low.

The last "by invitation" promotion ended yesterday, August 26th.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

FREE Fixed Price Listing

May you give me the link to that announcement please

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

FREE Fixed Price Listing

eBay does NOT ever post announcements for "by invitation" promotions.

The link to the promotional page is: http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2013/0817/50KZIF.html

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

FREE Fixed Price Listing

So, how have you got that?
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

FREE Fixed Price Listing

Yes one of my User IDs was invited to that promotion and listed a few hundred listings.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

FREE Fixed Price Listing

By the way, make sure your eBay "Preferences" are set up for you to accept promotional offers from eBay.

Many sellers complain they never get a promotional offer.... that is bacause they have their preferences set up to NOT receive promotional offers from eBay.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

FREE Fixed Price Listing

here the one you expecting, all seller eligible 😉 

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2013/08_29.html

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

FREE Fixed Price Listing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes!  The free listings promo ends for me last night and now here is another one.  Thanks!  I will be listing more items!!  Thanks again!

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

FREE Fixed Price Listing

Only 500, the amount seems to be a bit small compared to the past promos, but I'm definitely not complaining ;D 

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

FREE Fixed Price Listing

I'm not complaining either, because I don't have that amount of stuff to sell anyway. And I got invited this time, which is perfect! 😉

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

FREE Fixed Price Listing

"And I got invited this time, which is perfect"

This promotion is available to all eligible sellers.  It is not "by invitation" for a change.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

FREE Fixed Price Listing

Why is this promotion in ebay.com announcements but not in ebay.ca announcements, I wonder?   It says its also running in ebay Canada.  I would not have known about it if I hadn't read it in my ecommerce emails.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

FREE Fixed Price Listing

"Why is this promotion in ebay.com announcements but not in ebay.ca announcements, I wonder? "

It has been the pattern for quite a while: eBay.com makes the announcement and eBay.ca may or may not follow eventually.

Why don't you ask your question to the eBay.ca staff.  They are currently available at their "weekly board hour"

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

FREE Fixed Price Listing

I have 336 listings running so if it was 1000 instead of 500, I could've ran them as 5 days auction first and then fixed price, but since it's only 500 so I'm only running FP for 30 days instead. Ah well, I'll see if I have enough time to post new listings... looking for a new job is probably more worthy of my time, though. XD

Message 15 of 22
latest reply

FREE Fixed Price Listing

"looking for a new job is probably more worthy of my time, though."

Unfortunately you are correct based on your sales of the last three months. Even flipping burgers at minimum wages would leave you with more money in your pockets and less frustration.  Selling online (eBay or elsewhere) for a profit is not easy.

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

FREE Fixed Price Listing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I received a free listings promo for Sept 15 to 25 by invitation on other account.

One thing puzzled me is "10-day auction-style listings will not be charged an insertion fee, but will continue to be subject to the listing upgrade fee."  I tried to list my items for a 10-day duration but it came up with 40 cents insertion fee.  There is nothing extra listing upgrade or whatever and I am able to get that 10-day duration which I tried about 5 times but no luck.

Did I do something wrong?   I try to list it as auction-style with no extra features or whatever that would make eBay charge me 40 cents.  I guess eBay charges us for 10-day duration even the promo said no insertion fees?  Very frustrating.

So what I did was to list them at 7-day duration and then relist any unsold items at 7-day duration so I get them for 14 days.  Same with other items at 5 days then 7 days which will end on 25th.  Anything unsold on the 25th will be relisted at 7-day duration so I get them more longer on eBay.  Thanks.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

FREE Fixed Price Listing

I really hated these promos before but not I enjoy a little more because auction style is 15 cents to list and buy now 5 cents when you have 1000 plus items not the cheapest in the world but I guess that's what stores are for ...

I wish ebay would do like most other sites and have 0 listing fees but that is just a pipe dream...

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

FREE Fixed Price Listing

"Unfortunately you are correct based on your sales of the last three months. Even flipping burgers at minimum wages would leave you with more money in your pockets and less frustration.  Selling online (eBay or elsewhere) for a profit is not easy."

lol yeah, I make more in two months than I have sold on eBay over 3 years... but selling was a hobby. Though I haven't made enough to pay off my years-and-years of tuition with my full time job yet. Junt hunt had been unsuccessful, so now I'm going back to school part-time (while keeping my current full-time job) in hopes that I can get qualified for safer jobs in a less stressful environment... Not even looking into jobs with more wages, just jobs that's safer so that I don't have to worry about getting another workplace related injury =(

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

FREE Fixed Price Listing

*job* hunt... I hate how we got no edit button =(
Message 20 of 22
latest reply