FUR shipments

I ordered a fur coat made of rabbit and fox (vintage) shipping from the US to Canada. Unfortunately the product was declared undeliverable at Erlanger message said undeliverable-item restricted. Why is that so? The add clearly stated the item could be shipped to Canada. I got a refund but really wanted that coat. What can i do?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

FUR shipments

Not much.

This is not the seller's fault, but do let her know what happened so she doesn't disappoint/annoy/enrage future customers.

At least you got your money back.

No feedback would be fair.

The GSP was refusing to forward and possibly destroying guitars last year, on the basis that they used restricted, endangered woods. (CITES).

Another problem with this poorly thought through program.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

FUR shipments

that seems very strange to me hudsons bay sold these items years ago never an issue,typical strangeness by customs or govt poicy,would be interesting to know why???/just to think you could drive accross the border wearing one of these,but you cant put it into a box and ship it,hmmm ,

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

FUR shipments

Probably not customs.

The GSP can be overly cautious, and heck it could be the Vegan Mafia infiltrating the Erlanger Plant.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

FUR shipments

Hello 'alexandra', 

<< a fur coat . . .  was declared undeliverable at Erlanger message said undeliverable-item restricted. Why is that so?>>

Because, I'm afraid, a fur coat is undeliverable and restricted.  See for yourself down at the bottom of this link when you click on the Prohibited items drop-down menu.  

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/shipping-globally.html#prohibited

There it is, "Furs, fur clothing, fur-trimmed clothing".

Had you chose not to buy a GSP item and instead asked the seller to mail the item to you directly through the post (depending on the size it would likely require Priority) you could have received the coat.  Duty would be 17%, plus taxes, but only if it is assessed, and that would depend largely on the purchase price.  

<<What can i do?>>

Nothing, not now, not regarding this transaction.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply