Fake cell phone, want to return for refund.

I bought a cell phone a few weeks ago and it arrived on Friday (maybe Thurs), anyways, after having a very good look at it behind the backdoor and battery, it was very apparent it was a fake. I have looked at multiple pics online of the back, as well as I own 2 of these exact phones (this was an Xmas gift for my kiddo), which were sold from a registered retail store. I, without a doubt, know this one is fake.

I have msg'd the seller, he tried to convince me to ship back for an exchange, I'm not doing that, I want a refund! Anyways, I've been looking on ebay for the return policy guidelines for the EXACT way I am to return ship this item. He told me to save some money and dont worry about tracking. My theory, if ur gonna sell me a fake, then when I return it ur probably gonna try to tell me it was lost in the mail, I'm not stupid. So what's the policy to cover MY butt for returning this so I can get my refund? Do I need tracking and siggy? I'm scared if I dont put a "signature required" on it, he's gonna take the pkg and tell me he didn't receive it and I'm out $361. Also, his return policy is 14 days, but my post office said it's half the price to ship if I wait til the Xmas holidays are over (they inflate prices in Dec), can this affect me not getting a refund cuz it's past his 14 day return policy? Shipping now is $65+tax with tracking & $90+tax with tracking and siggy...it's CanadaPost, I'm losing 1/3 of my refund already  😞

Thanks for all ur help...I just wanna do this the exact way ebay requires so I can be repaid.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Within 45 days of sale, file a not as described dispute through paypal.

Follow the instructions in paypal. You will be required to return the item but make sure you ship using delivery confirmation or tracking. Paypal requires electronic proof of delivery that is why you must have one or the other. A postal receipt is not proof of delivery. Once delivery has been confirmed, you will get a refund.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You probably should get signature confirmation because of the amount in addition to delivery confirmation or tracking because signature confirmation cannot be electronically verified.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply