Feedback Counters Not Accurate

gem-n-i-gemstonz
Community Member
Hi everyone,

Remember a while back when we were talking about the counters for the "watchers" in My eBay, as well as the counters from Andale not being accurate?

Well, I have noticed, and have for some time now, that occasionally when I gave someone feedback, thier counter did not increase. Then I started noticing that sometimes when I had new feedback, the counter did not increase. It seems this problem is getting worse. More and more now, when i have a new feedback, it doesnt seem to register. In fact I would say that in the last month there have been at least 1 dozen that havent registered.

So, finally, I wrote to eBay about it. They wrote back and said that they are aware of the problem, and are working on it. OK, fine. But, I have to ask myself why something as simple as a counter is so scr*wed up(I can say that here can't I??).

What is it about eBay and counters that doesnt register? ....thier monetary counters sure register! When I owe them money, it sure registers...so why cant something as simple as this work? This problem has been around for months, and they have been aware of it a long time it would seem...since I have encouraged many of my clients to write to them, and let them know that my feedback did not register on the feedback counter.

Now, I am NOT talking about situations like when one buyer leaves you 3 feedbacks...thats not the same. But, new buyers, who leave feedback SHOULD register.

I would encourage all of you to keep an eye on your feedback counters and see for yourself. I am perhaps vainly hoping that if more people who write to eBay about this, perhaps the issue will become a thorn in thier side and they will DO something about it.

I realize that feedback is not the be all and end all in our businesses, but it's there for a reason, so why not have it WORK. If anyone from eBay is reading( :^O ), please...why not concentrate on giving us tools that work, before revamping things like My eBay, and giving us even more tools that dont work.

Jaqui

Gem Am I

The spiritual journey is individual, highly personal. It can't be organized or regulated. It isn't true that everyone should follow one path. Listen to your own truth. -Ram Dass

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0