Feelings About Canadian PS Board

firedept10
Community Member
Just a simple little question for the few Canadian PS's that are here. I frequent both the dot com and dot ca boards. I have come to the conclusion that sometimes I need a break from the bickering that goes on at dot com and come here for peace and quiet. So far this board has been a real pleasure to read and helpful. Don't get me wrong I do appreciate the dot com board at times as it can be very informative but there are limits to how far people should go with the bickering. In the long run I am hoping this board does not go by the wayside as the other board seems to do at times. I am also hoping this board grows in size eventually. So I guess my question is, how do you feel about this. Please remember I am not putting the Americans down. I'll be interested in knowing your feelings.

Don
Message 1 of 126
latest reply
125 REPLIES 125

treasure-pot
Community Member
Well, it is definitely a smaller crowd and I guess that means (I hope) that there will also be fewer lunatics.

I get the impression from some of the .com boards that everyone is just waiting for an opportunity to "blast-away" at someone for a dissenting opinion. In the land of free-speech there often appears to be a high cost for speaking (or posting) your opinion.

I, like you Don, also appreciate the civility of the .ca board. I mean, what's the worst that could happen here? You might get cross-checked.

Bill

Bill

Message 2 of 126
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
By the way, free stores listing days from Sept 30th to Oct 2nd on .com

Bill

Message 3 of 126
latest reply

thebidwatcher
Community Member
I really like this board too. I find you guys to be knowledgeable and civil. However, you can be downright cutting and clever too!

I find the CTS to be too centred on non eBay issues (recipes, cuddly stuff, hugs and kisses) for me. I am more business driven. I do like to drop in and participate though.

I also would like to tell you, on a positive inspirational note, that this month has been my best EVER on eBay for sales.

Message 4 of 126
latest reply

off_to_uni
Community Member
Hi everyone!

I really hope this board gains in popularity amongst Canadian Power Sellers. I used to be a regular at CTS but I also am more business driven and find myself uninterested in much that goes on there, although I can appreciate their community spirit and it is an excellent source of knowledge for new eBay members.

Cheers,

James
Message 5 of 126
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
BW... cutting??? clever????

Here??? :<)

Bill

Message 6 of 126
latest reply

ajandjamie
Community Member
I find the Canadian board friendly and more to the point also!
Message 7 of 126
latest reply

thebidwatcher
Community Member
There is an incredible alpha male war going on right now on .com. One of the combatants is notorious for his Canadian bashing so if he is suspended it will be a bonus if you ask me.

The other has his own group board that is very helpful and I really enjoy that one.

But watching the fireworks is unfortunate. A much different dynamic than women fighting. No catty barbs. No rallying of troops. Hardly entertaining at all. Geez, most of the fighting in in html!

Message 8 of 126
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
Yes, the Cdn board is much nicer and more helpful, for sure. But, hate to be negative, but I imagine with time, and growth, it'll get as nasty as some of the other boards.

I used to chat a lot on a chat board here on eBay, for a couple of years, starting back in 98 and got to know quite a few of the chatters quite well, and I can tell you, there were some real fruitcakes. Wasn't always evident in the beginning, but with time, WATCH OUT!!! lol

We need to enjoy it while we can. I find that some boards are worse than others. I read the feedback, shipping, paypal, and international boards, and oy, you want to talk nasty!! There are some real mean folk on those boards, although there are some great people too, but many will pounce all over you if you ask a question that they're tired of hearing.
Message 9 of 126
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
I hate when they start with the Canadian bashing, and there are some Canadians on the international board who bash the Americans. It's so childish and ridiculous. As if all Canadians are one way, or all Americans. I mean, sheesh!!
Message 10 of 126
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
Oh, and forgot to say......Congrats Bid, on the great month!!! 🐵
Message 11 of 126
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
Bid, do you read the antique chat board at all? I used to read that board and can honestly say that there are/were a few on there that were some of the nastiest, meanest people one could imagine.
Message 12 of 126
latest reply

thebidwatcher
Community Member
Maybe the stuff wasn't the only think that was rickety and antique on that board...

I put it to you my fellow cpsellers that it does not matter what you sell, the principles and objectives are the same: repeat business and $ sales. You cannot do that by whining, complaining and not learning from everything around you, including these boards.

And this is where I learn all my dirty jokes too doncha know.
Message 13 of 126
latest reply

catseye*
Community Member
I got tired of the .com board, and rarely posted. Was very happy to be invited to the PowerChicks group. The dynamics are great, and everyone extremely helpful.

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 14 of 126
latest reply

Alas, have not been invited to the Powerchicks group ...
PS.com can get very nasty indeed. I find it pretty discouraging, so much so that I don't often post. I lurk on the booksellers board too, and it's not too much different there - one or two miserable souls with nothing better to do with their time than to disparage and denigrate other posters.
Let's hope this board stays as it is - a little busier maybe ...
Ann
Message 15 of 126
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
Canadian PSB is typical of Canadians...calm, quiet, neutral? I lost my neutrality the other day in the dot com boards, when I came upon someone Canadian bashing. I lost it and said what I thought which was quite nervy because I was virtually unknown. But...I was amazed at the responses...some from Canadians and some from Americans. So....essentially, not everyone can be painted with the same broad brush and thank heaven for that. There's good and bad on both sides.....I just think that we don't advertize our idiosyncrasies as much and as often. I can't tolerate intolerance on either side of the great divide.....No Canucking way, man!

Jackie...
Message 16 of 126
latest reply

thebidwatcher
Community Member
Don't feel too bad, Jackie. You are not alone. I went after FTD one day for his "Franadians" rant and called him an idiot!

I wrote to Jerry and reported the thread as harassment and also confessed my sin. I did not want to be the one ending up in trouble. Nothing happened to me but the thread did disappear. I also have not seen any more of that Franadian stuff since, mercifully.

If you ever want to rant, so what I do. Type your brains out - swearing and all, and then delete. You'll feel better.
Message 17 of 126
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
Thanks Bird...thanks for the encouragement. That stupid stuff is hurtful, you know? I mean...we can listen to them insulting us and in so many words implying that we are children of a lesser God...but ask any one of them who is our Prime Minister or what is the capitol of Canada....I'd wager my month's earnings on a firm, "duhhh I dunno!"

What the heck is a Franadian??

Jackie...
Message 18 of 126
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
I remember that thread. I wrote some stuff on it too. That guy is worse than an idiot!!!

Grouping all Canadians, or Americans, or anyone for that matter is beyond ridiculous. That jerk likes to bait people I think. I forget what I said to him, but it wasn't very nice. LOL
Message 19 of 126
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
I think I left my footprints on that thread as well. I just took offense to the attitude that was being portrayed and you know...I hate being put on the defensive...but how can someone just sit there and not react? And...they talk about when you're sitting right there...how disrespectful is that? No conscience... and if someone doesn't care how they make me feel...well them KARMA babeeeee.

Jackie...
Message 20 of 126
latest reply