Fees on Ebay ludicrous .... And then Some!

gunner09shannon
Community Member
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Fees normally run around 20% of the buyer's payment.

If you are not using the 50 Free Auctions* , but instead have Fixed Price items, remember that you are also paying every month for those insertions.

However, some of those fees are fixed, and that is a problem with items that are priced low. In my opinion, it is not worth while listing anything for less than $10. The fees eat up the profit.

BTW - one of your listings is missing its picture (Foley England Bone China Cup and Saucer ) .

I also notice that you are not using Calculated Shipping for some of your items, particularly those cups and saucers. Since they are a consistent product, I don't see why you don't pack one and get the dimensions for shipping. Buyers are not interested in writing you to find out the cost of shipping on a $5 item (or a $10 item for that matter).

Since you will pay 9% on shipping in any case, have you considered making your items Free (domestic) Shipping? Buyers usually understand that this is really "shipping included in asking price" but they love it anyway.

*And did you know you can list another 50 Free on eBaydotCOM as well as the 50 on eBaydotCA?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Fees normally run around 20% of the buyer's payment.

If you are not using the 50 Free Auctions* , but instead have Fixed Price items, remember that you are also paying every month for those insertions.

However, some of those fees are fixed, and that is a problem with items that are priced low. In my opinion, it is not worth while listing anything for less than $10. The fees eat up the profit.

BTW - one of your listings is missing its picture (Foley England Bone China Cup and Saucer ) .

I also notice that you are not using Calculated Shipping for some of your items, particularly those cups and saucers. Since they are a consistent product, I don't see why you don't pack one and get the dimensions for shipping. Buyers are not interested in writing you to find out the cost of shipping on a $5 item (or a $10 item for that matter).

Since you will pay 9% on shipping in any case, have you considered making your items Free (domestic) Shipping? Buyers usually understand that this is really "shipping included in asking price" but they love it anyway.

*And did you know you can list another 50 Free on eBaydotCOM as well as the 50 on eBaydotCA?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply