Fine Jewelry Search

Since the change to the search options have changed now when I go to fine jewelry and run a search I don't get "fine" jewelry anymore I get **bleep**py costume jewelry fake gold plated and filled pieces. Say I run a search not using keywords just the drop menu I'm looking for gold rings in white gold, yellow gold, rose gold and multi-tone gold  in a quality of 10 to 14K I get 40 pages of the same 4 ring styles and there all garbage silver or even alloy with gold plating which can not be altered or sized.

There's no way I can skip over all this **bleep**py costume jewelry to find the high quality stuff, and I don't want to start my search at like $20 because I may miss out on a no reserve rare diamond in the rough auction that starts at 99cents. All that costume jewelry and plated and filled stuff should have it's own category away from the fine category. To me the word "Fine" should be real solid gold and genuine stones or at least high quality synthetic stones pieces that last decades if not century's not a gold plated piece that you wear for a month and have to throw out because the plating rubbed off.  Even if they cant make a costume jewelry section then they should at least move all the costume stuff from the fine section and put it in the fashion jewelry section.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Fine Jewelry Search

I'm afraid the only way is to use Highest First or Highest First plus shipping and wade through a few pages of the real thing until you get to your price point, rather than dozens of pages to work up to your budget range.

You could also go for "Newly Listed" and specifying Auction , that should help you find the occasional newbie who foolishly follows eBay's advice and opens his auction at 99 cents.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Fine Jewelry Search

If it was easy to find anything good everyone would be doing it.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Fine Jewelry Search

meow44_101
Community Member

Hello ! 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Fine Jewelry Search

What have they changed? You can still choose to see just fine jewelry on the left side. Was it broken more than it is now?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Fine Jewelry Search

I think the problem is that there is a lot of junk and costume jewelry being listed as Fine Jewelry.

The sketchey and ignorant sellers are an ongoing problem. We can only suggest workarounds.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Fine Jewelry Search

That was a idea, got a good laugh about that one 1.75mill for a simple gold  wedding band ring. lol I did it backwards and I got nearly 100 pages of stuff for hundreds of thousands of dollars. Then I thought about maxing my search out at about $1000 anything more then that and it should have a husband attached to it. It did help but you know it's a auction site your hoping to get the best price possible. If you don't you mine as well shop retail.

I just wish the powers that be monitored the search's like they used to and would remove or move all the wrongly labeled auctions and would let you search solid gold only and colour and cut of the stones and you would rarely get those bad costume jewelry auctions. Ever since they changed the search perimeters they have made it next to imposable to just browse.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply