Fraud alert

mel-joel
Community Member

Hello, we have won a bid on an old pickup truck and have tried to find an agreement with the seller to transfer the money to him.  

We wanted the seller to bring the pickup to the transportation company and have the driver call us and send us a picture confirming he has the truck on site.  Then we would have send the payment to the seller through paypal to the seller's email address instantly.  I beleive the seller receives payment immediately from what I have been told from paypal directly.  We wanted the seller to stay on site until he receives confirmation that payment has been received then the pickup would have been ready to leave.

Unfortunately, the seller is NOT making this possible!  He keeps on insisting that we have to wire transfer the money BEFORE he even brings the pickup to the transportation company.

Therefore, we want to cancel buying the pickup that we have bidded on.  How can we have this item removed from our winning items and cancel ASAP.  

I really feel the seller is not being honest and is trying to get money from us and NOT send us the truck!  I don't trust this guy for one minute!  It does not smell good at all!

Thank you

Joel & Melanie

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Fraud alert

Nothing moves until payment and transfer is made.  Moving companies will not even touch this vehicle if the transfer (registration) to you, the new owner, is not complete.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Fraud alert

The seller can cancel the transaction as Buyer Request.

If you agree promptly that would be the end of it.

Or you could just not pay.

The seller would be able to end the transaction then by opening an Unpaid Item Dispute and closing it four days later. You don't need to do anything.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Fraud alert

Wire transfer?
What country is the seller in?
That's an unusual method of payment in North America. Also expensive compared to Paypaly (30 cents +2.9% of selling price with a ceiling of $750 I believe.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Fraud alert

Thank you for all your comments. The seller is in USA and we are in Canada. We decided to cancel the bid as we do not trust this method.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply