GSP Program Can Add Unnecessary Costs for Buyers

I recently had an item shipped to me from the USA via the new GSP program.  This new GSP program eBay is offering sellers was not easily recognized as being in effect in a listing for an item I purchased from an entirely great sellerand i was unfamiliar with it anyway at that point.  The GSP program that eBay has started seems a good one on the surface of it, as it makes international shipping easier for dealers/sellers, but if the handler eBay uses for this program uses a kind of blanket poilcy of applying any and all even marginally-possible duties, taxes, handling, and/or other costs by default without discretion, then a transaction can get costly.  In order to avoid this, I won't buy from anyone using the GSP program going forward. I wonder if it can be made clear on item listings that the GSP is in effect so I can sort out those listings from my searches? I don't do much on eBay anyway, its all my own personal buying/selling, but it would be great to hear from others if they think this kind of possible sorting would be useful to them via eBay search parameters?

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0