GSP item marked as delivered.. But nothing..

Hi, having a problem here.
I ordered an item from a US seller using GSP (i hate it but had no choice, bit the bullet an overpaid..).

The GSP tracking number is now marked as "delivered" but i never received anything. I have a postal box, nothing, no keys, no paper or notice.

I suspect the postman may have put it in the wrong box. The tracking shows "delivered" but with a slightly different postal code, but still in my neighboorhood. (It might be my post offices code).

What can i do? I contacted Canada post but they said they Cannot investigate, the sender needs to file a complaint and give permission for them to investigate..

But in this case the seller used GSP, he had no idea where it was sent, the sender is in fact "Pitney an Bowes".

The seller successfully shipped the item to their center so he has no fault and he is well intended, he just cannot figure what to do either. (He called ebay an they told him to tell me to "open a request" .... Which only re-sent him a message...)

Let me know how can i get in touch with someone at GSP to at least give permission to investigate or something....,

Thanks, totally baffled here, lost in the system..
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Okay.

Does your tracking say it was delivered to YOUR ADDRESS?

Or does it say it is delivered to Erlanger KY-- which is the GSP plant?

How long has it been?

To the GSP plant usually takes three or four business days.

To you up to 20 days.

Here is the GSP Tracking system (I didn't put this together, but I neglected to note who did)

TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
It's not user friendly... But I found how to track your package via the global shipping program, once it gets to Canada you need to:
- Log on to eBay.ca
- Under the My eBay menu select Purchase History
- Under your orders find the specific order.  It should have something like the following:
        Estimated delivery Mon, Jan 11 - Thu, Jan 21
        Tracking number: Tracking number UPAAB000000#########
- Click on the UPA number.  This should open up a Shipment Details window, which should contain something like this:
     This shipment has been transferred to CPC for delivery to the final destination # 70351#########
-Click on the Canada Post number to see where the Canada Post Tracking history and expected delivery

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I suspect the postman may have put it in the wrong box. The tracking shows "delivered" but with a slightly different postal code, but still in my neighboorhood. (It might be my post offices code).

Post a notice on your community mailbox asking about your parcel.

Go to the local postal outlet with a printout of that document and ask if they have it back.

On Google enter the postal code and see the map of that postal walk (mine includes only six buldings and a total of ten units). Go there. Do any of the addresses resemble yours? Knock on doors.

At the Post Office (not the outlet) ask about the parcel. Has it been turned in?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hi thanks, i just rechecked and the postal code where it was "sucessfully delivered" is in my neighborhood, maybe 10 streets from me. Unfortuntely way too many people live there to go knock on doors..

It was marked delivered may 5th 2016, 4 days ago. I will recheck at the post office this week to see if somebody was honest enough to send it back.

But the wrong postal code tells me it is probably a mistake made by pitney and Bowes.

What recourse do i have? Since the seller did what he had to do.
Canada post wont even investigate until the "sender" files a complaint, in this case ut is pitney and Bowes.

Thanks alot for the help
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

But the wrong postal code tells me it is probably a mistake made by pitney and Bowes.

What recourse do i have? Since the seller did what he had to do.

First check your eBay and Paypal addresses to see if they are correct.

The seller may have hand written a correct code and made an error, which was repeated by PB. Ask him what address he used.

I've only made one GS{P purchase (for all the usual reasons) but I remember the label as having identical information to my PP address. (I use my eBay ID on PP rather than my actual name because I do more selling than buying.) To me that indicates they are using an electronic database rather than manually putting in addresses.

The way delivery works as I understand it is,

The carrier picks up  bundles of mail for his Postal Walk . This can be one postal code or several.

The bundles are sorted by postal code usually bound with an elastic.

When he gets to the appropriate code, he then delivers to the appropriate addresses.

So once you know the code it was addressed to, you also have a good idea what address (Box number) it went to, because it should match your own.

Having this information when you go to the Post Office will be helpful, if only because it gives one less thing for a lazy employee to tell you is impossible to discover. (Most will be interested in a mildly challenging break in a boring day, but there's always That Guy.)

What you need to know is what street address that supermailbox box is assigned to.

And can go knock on that door.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I had the same thing happen. Did your situation get resolved?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply