GTC QUESTON

Hi folks. I'm trying to bulk edit a bunch of my listings and change them from 30 day to GTC. But for the majority of my selections I'm told that duration is not valid for the listing. I tried to edit a few individually, but GTC isn't included in the drop down menu under duration. Does anyone have any idea why that would be, or if there's a work around? It's possible I could end those listings and relist as GTC, but I don't see that happening. lol 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GTC QUESTON

You cannot revise duration from 30 days to GTC.  It has never been possible.

From eBay:  http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/revising_restrictions.html

The change can be made at time of relisting or when using "sell a similar item" function.

Since the listings will end after the 30th day, it would be best to simply wait until they end (unless sold in the meantime) and change the duration to GTC when relisting.

Personally, I use 30 day duration for fixed price listings unless I have multiple quantities  (two or more) of the same item when I use GTC.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

GTC QUESTON

WAG, were they listed during a listing special with specified time lengths?
Photobucket
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

GTC QUESTON

You cannot revise duration from 30 days to GTC.  It has never been possible.

From eBay:  http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/revising_restrictions.html

The change can be made at time of relisting or when using "sell a similar item" function.

Since the listings will end after the 30th day, it would be best to simply wait until they end (unless sold in the meantime) and change the duration to GTC when relisting.

Personally, I use 30 day duration for fixed price listings unless I have multiple quantities  (two or more) of the same item when I use GTC.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

GTC QUESTON

Thanks for the response guys. Looks like I'll be changing duration when relisting. Here's the game plan; comments and suggestions are welcome. I'll soon pass 5000 listings, and I've got enough material here to be listed that someday I could hit 10000 listings (I'm selling 5-10 items/day, but trying to list 25 new items/day). I'm planning to put everything over $10 on GTC, and leave the cheaper fluff as 30 day listing. That stuff I'll recycle as space allows in my free listings. (I don't expect we'll be seeing many BIN promos in the future) Idea is to keep my listing fees down to just the cost of my anchor store. Al 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

GTC QUESTON

Any plan is a good plan when you have one.

I have a 500 listing store. The cost of going 100-150 over, I make back in one sale. There is a fee calculator that shows you your costs. Minimizing costs, does not always maximize my profit

Photobucket
Message 5 of 5
latest reply