Gaming cards (Pokemon) why is there no "add to cart" in Canada So buyers can get combined shipping

I am a seller and a new issues seemed to have started a couple of months ago and is starting to happen more often. I just spoke to eBay and there are buyers out there that are not able to combine shipping ..The customers from USA, Brazil, etc  tell me that my eBay listing does not give them the option to combine shipping then ask for an invoice. They are asked to pay for each item separately.. So eBay is telling me now to list through eBay.com  This does not seem right...  is there a fix for this.. it happened only with a few buyers that have told me (though there may be more that just gave up trying to buy from me.. Not very good for eBay and business...

Regards,

Lou

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Gaming cards (Pokemon) why is there no "add to cart" in Canada So buyers can get combined shipping

Add to cart is only available on ebay.com

We are second class citizens according to many

of ebays rules.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

How do I get buyers items combined and then send them an invoice with reduced shippping costs if the icon is missing  "Add to cart"  in Canada.. This seems to be a problem that started a while ago and is starting to affect my business though some buyers can still get combined shipping ... Something is wrong with the eBay program...

Lou

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Do you have some of your cards listed on dotCOM and some on dotCA?

If so, they cannot be combined.

However, if all the cards are on the same site, the invoice will be combined automatically.

Do you have shipping indicated for all your cards? If so, eBay will invoice your customer. You can invoice too if you wish.

Are you changed your S&H for combined lots? If so, are you hitting Recalculate? Don't hit Recalculate.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thank you for the reply.. 

First:::WHY IS THERE NO *** ADD TO CART** ON eBAY CANADA ?? Does anyone out there know really know.. Well according to eBay customer service they really do not know and are looking into it (I Hope) to answer the questions from the previous thread all cards are listed through Canada and to further it the problem seem to have started about 2 to 3 months ago... I have had this problem with a few buyers who messaged me that they could now combine items for reduced shipping so why is there NO ""ADD TO CART"" below ""BUY IT NOW"" on Canadaian listings?? It does not make sense. All web sites that sell products have ADD TO CART

We have shipping indicated for all your cards but customers are not allowed to combine buying they have to pay for the items separately. We can not invoice customers because there is no **ADD TO CART** though there are people out there who can get invoices... So I do not understand what is happening...

Lou

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Who is responsible for the changes eBay Canada or USA
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

a few buyers who messaged me that they could now combine items for reduced shipping

A few but not all?

PBC&K

EBay Canada has never had a cart. EBaydotCOM has only had it for a few years. Combined invoices have existed since I started selling here in 2001.

Are you not seeing the combined invoices when YOU look? Do not overestimate your customer.

I did several combined invoices this week alone.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for the info but::

There is no combined shipping that I can see (Where would it be on the listing) Its o.k. in the preferences and I have had requests for combined  shipping from Russia, Brazil  and several combined shipping I the last few weeks that worked.  But about several in the past months emailed me that they could not and the they were bigger sellers EXAMPLE: Brazil that could do it a couple of weeks ago and now cannot supposedly..

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

In some categories ebay requires that a buyer pay before the item is actually reserved for them. It doesn't look like your cards are in that category though. But to confirm that...are you buyers being asked to pay as soon as they click on BIN or is the problem that they have already used BIN for more than one item and don't know how ask for a combined invoice?

Normally when a buyers buys more than one item they will see a link that they can use to request an invoice from the seller. When the seller receives that request they can combine the invoice and change the shipping if needed. It sounds like either that link for 'request an invoice' has been moved or for some reason it no longer exists. I don't have any current purchases so can't look to see if there is a link somewhere but perhaps someone here knows where it is.

As far as a cart...yes other sites do have a cart but other sites don't have millions of sellers who charge different shipping costs. I've heard that the cart on .com has or has had quite a few glitches so perhaps that is one of the reasons why it isn't on .ca.

If your buyers want to use the cart, they can simply sign into ebay.com to use it. It doesn't matter which site the listing originated on.

Another suggestion...it looks like most or all of your listings are some items with the same weight and shipping cost so it should be fairly simple for you to set up some combined shipping rule so that if like items are purchased from different listings, the shipping rule should automatically combine shipping.You can set up the rules under Account - shipping preferences - offer combined payments and shipping - edit

Message 9 of 9
latest reply