Got defrauded of 1500us d/payment by a polish seller through their ebay. How do I lay a complain?

omonuwa1
Community Member

I made a wire transfer of 1500us d/payment Polish machine sellers on Polish ebay. Out of suspicion, as a result of sudden pressure to make payment, I decided to back  out from the dealing. Right before transferring the rest payment. When I moved to ask for my money back, they said my downpayment has been forfeited for wasting their time. Its crazy! There were no formal ground rules or contractual agreement of any sort between us on penalties for time wasting. I asked to be sent a machine that cost 1000us they refused still. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Got defrauded of 1500us d/payment by a polish seller through their ebay. How do I lay a complain?

Alibaba is not eBay, I'm not falimiar with this website and can't give you advice on this situation. You're on eBay support forum.

You may want to contact Alibaba customer support if you want more specific help...

With internet transactions : never go on bank transfer if you don't personnally know the person who you send him money. You may want to contact your bank customer service and ask if there is any kind of kelp on fraudulent situations.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I understand. Contacted Alibaba..didn't get any response. I am on ebay that's why I warning everyone out there since they still advertising same items for sale. This is the link:  

http://www.ebay.pl/sch/i.html?_odkw=hebo&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=hebo+m...

THEY HAVE BEEN CURSED!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

There is a Report button on every listing. EBay will assess the Report, but will not tell you what they do about them.

EBay specifically will not allow sellers to demand any payment that is not electronically visible. Which basically means Paypal. Unlike wire transfers, a PP payment is held for up to 21 days against the seller's good performance. The buyer has 45 days from purchase for disputes.

If the 45 days lapse, since PP is processing credit cards for the most part, the unhappy buyer can then go to his credit card company for a chargeback. Most cards allow 60 days from purchase for this and some allow up to 120 days.

Whether the sellers on eBay are the same people as the sellers on Alibaba is another question. Many sellers use Alibaba merchants as dropshipping suppliers.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

What were you trying to buy? what was the name of the machines

Message 5 of 5
latest reply