HAS OTHERS GOT THEIR "PAYPAL" BLOCKED, CAUSE OF A SELLER, & YOU ASKED FOR A REFUND, WHEN 0 ARRIVED?

BACK IN AUGUST, HAD PROBLEMS WITH 2 SELLERS, BUT I TRIED TO RESOLVE BUT NOTHING BACK, ASKED FOR REFUND,

BECAUSE, NOTHING ARRIVED IN THE MAIL.  "I DO NOT RUN THE POSTAL SERVICES..."! PAYPAL BLOCKED MY ACCOUNT AND NOTHING I CAN DO, 1 REFUNDED BUT OTHERS NO...

NOW, HAVE MONEY IN MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT AND NO ACCESS TO IT.!! THIS IS THEFT!

I HAD TO RETURN AN ITEM FOR SOMEONE ELSE, NOT ME TO A "STORE" THAT I PURCHASED ONLINE, THE REFUND, AFTER WRITING A LETTER SAYING NO, NOT INTO PAYPAL, THEY DID ANYWAYS, AND NOW PAYPAL IS KEEPING OVER $550 OF MY MONEY AND SOMEONE ELSE.  I CALLED AND THE PERSON SAID STILL NOW HELP, AND THE SUPERVISOR SAID, NO, STILL BLOCKED FOR 180 DAYS,??? WHEN IN AUGUST THE PERSON "NEVER EVER" SAID THIS...!

PAYPAL HAD A LAW SUIT AGAINST THEM IN 2002 JUST ABOUT THIS... BLOCKING "BUYERS" ACCOUNTS...! SO OTHERS HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, AND THE SELLERS GET AWAY WITH THIS...!!!

PAYPAL RUNS ALL ONLINE PAYMENTS... AND PUNISHING BUYERS, NOT SELLERS...!!!

PLEASE TELL OTHERS TO BE CAREFUL ABOUT PAYPAL "ILLEGAL AND UNFAIR BUSINESS ACTS!"...!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

HAS OTHERS GOT THEIR "PAYPAL" BLOCKED, CAUSE OF A SELLER, & YOU ASKED FOR A REFUND, WHEN 0 ARRIVED?

Obviously there is a miscommunication problem somewhere.

Call PayPal (toll free number) to clear the problem.

PS - A word of advise from an experienced user:  Do not use words like "PUNISHING BUYERS, NOT SELLERS...!!!  ... "ILLEGAL AND UNFAIR BUSINESS ACTS!"...!   when talking to the PayPal representative.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Back in August you filed two Disputes with Paypal for Item Not Received.

• You won one and got your money back.
  • You did not win the other. Was the seller able to prove delivery? That is usually the reason they will not refund.

If you back your PP account with a credit card, you may still have time to phone the 1-800 number on the back of the card and talk to the customer service clerk for the credit card company about a chargeback.

The cc may agree with PP that the seller proved delivery. Or possibly not.

Now you have a third case.

This is not an eBay purchase.

You did not make the purchase. Someone else bought it online.

Did you return the item to the seller? Did you use a tracked/ Delivery Confirmed service?

Paypal accepted the refund and put the money in your account although you did not want them to do this.

Keep in mind, it is normal business practice to refund 'like for like'. That is, if you pay with cash, you get a cash refund. If you pay by credit card, you get a credit card refund.

What is puzzling me is why PP would give YOU the refund when you were not the original buyer.

This may be why the money is in your account but not available to you. It may be being Held because of this question.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If you got an email from paypal saying YOUR ACCOUNT IS BLOCKED do not click on any links within it. This is a relatively well-known scam in the works for a few years now but many have fallen for it. Instead go directly to your paypal account from any previous bookmarks you have and look for contact information to get in touch with the Customer Service Department. Plus you can report it as a spoof. Paypal will tell you how to do that. 

I'm not saying you haven't really been blocked but...... 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply