HOW DOES THE 10% OFF on canadapost.ca work?

the_only_lacoste
Community Member
Hey guys, I just became a powerseller and decided to test out the features.

I mailed an item today for 14.31$ canadien, I did it on the website and got this.

Base: $ 13.60
Automation Discount: $ (0.41)
Fees: $ 0.69
GST: $ 0.00
HST: $ 0.00
PST: $ 0.00
Total: $ 13.88

The base price was 71 cents cheaper which is the 5% DISCOUNT from VENTURE ONE where I usually get, and then I get the 3% discount on the 41 cents, wheres the other discounts.

IF I'M Correct, you didn't need to be a powerseller to enable the 3 % discount, am I missing something, doesn't it say "STARTING AT 10% DISCOUNTS AT CANADAPOST".

How do I get this, help is appreciated, thanks!
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

tobyshitzu
Community Member
Was this to USA or Cnaada(no extra discount to USA)

If it is to Canada the secret is making sure your Shipping Services Contract # has been entered. I had trouble with finding where to put it, its a screen that pops up and it wans't popping up on my pc. When your filling out the screen to send a parcel look where it lists your info toward the upper right I belvie and you'll see "Shipping Services Contract #" - if there is no number you don't have it setup right.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

A simple search on the forum pulls up my uber thread about it:

http://forums.ebay.ca/thread.jspa?messageID=300373191&forumID=44#300373191
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The discount is only to Canada. Since there's no GST/HST, it's obvious the parcel you were sending was to the USA. No more discounts for those, but postage is hidden so buyers don't whine.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply