Has anyone accidentally made a purchase of auto parts? I find it too easy recently to purchase.

I was just wondering if anyone else accidently purchased something that they did not mean to purchase.  I know that sounds crazy but I have done it three times and I had never done it before.   If only me then, I am getting old.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Has anyone accidentally made a purchase of auto parts? I find it too easy recently to purchase.

i have a few buyers that have done it, they all got an unpaid strike

this is not a free for all, do anything you want

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I'm already old.

If you "accidentally' bid on something, which is pretty hard to do since you are asked twice to confirm your bid, you can ask the seller to cancel the transaction.

Some may allow a Mutual Cancellation. If so, agree immediately, it only requires ONE confirmation, and leave positive feedback and Five Star Ratings.

Others will demand payment. If you do not pay, you will get an Unpaid Item Strike. Two of those and you will find it almost impossible to bid with First World sellers.  "Too many" , a number eBay will not disclose, and your account will be closed and you will not be allowed to rejoin the site.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I myself never reply to bidders asking to remove or cancel a transaction, like femme wrote "pretty hard to do since you are asked twice to confirm your bid,"

unless you are literally blind, you should be able to avoid making that mistake.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Recently I was looking at some kitchen scales, no intent to purchase, the next day I get an email saying pay immediately. I replied that I did not purchase these items (two different sellers).  One I don't hear from until they slap an unpaid purchase on my account, the other seller I contacted and he said he has no record of me purchasing anything from him.  Ebay slaps another unpaid purchase on my account.

I contacted customer support (that's an oxymoron), and while they can't find the pay immediately email from them selves, and they have a response from the other seller stating he has no record of any dealings with me, they still will not delete the unpaid item tag from my profile. (see the conversation below)

We are not talking about huge dollar numbers, and I do seriously believe there is some sort of scam going on, if they send out 100 pay immediately emails and even 50% pay up, makes it pretty lucrative.

I am closing my account with ebay as of today.

So..... I guess what I am saying is you probably didn't accidently purchase anything, but rather you got scammed into thinking you did!

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Hello 'petunia',

Is there any chance someone else from your household may have access to your ebay account?

Is your computer available to (within reach of) other people?  Parents often have a problem with kids

who bid and buy but are too young to have a full appreciation of their actions and responsibilities.

When you want to leave a session on ebay, it might be a good idea to always, always sign out.

On the very top left corner of the page where it says Hi, Your Name, hover your mouse over it, scroll

down to the last option and Sign out

When you return, you enter your user ID, your password, and uncheck the box that prompts you to

stay signed in.

It's a 3-step process but can save endless headaches so long as no one else knows your password.

That's the only thing I can think of, unless there really is an ebay glitch.

I hope you can sort it all out. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Hello 'isllandboy',

When you say you got an email demanding payment, -- where did you see this?

In your regular email?

What happens when you hover your mouse over the 'sender'?  Is it genuinely from ebay?

A genuine ebay invoice will be from ebay@ebay, not somewhere else.

When you access your Purchase History page on the ebay site, - are either of these items there

in your Purchase History?

I suppose I could ask 'petunia' the same thing, -- after all if one is getting invoices to pay, the items

should be in the buyer's Purchase History.

If the item is in your Purchase History, then there is a good chance someone else from your household

accessed the account and put it there.  (A good reason to always Sign out).

If you are getting requests for payment in your regular email and there are no such items in your

Purchase History, then you might try forwarding the complete email to:

spoof@ebay.com

If there is anything dodgy, they'll tell you, usually with a few minutes.

Hope some of that helps  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Hi,

The emails came to my personal email, they were from the seller. ( I find it odd that the seller says he has no record of me purchasing anything from him, yet ebay says I did?) Actually now that you mentioned invoice, there never was one, just a reminder to pay.

Yes they are in my purchase history??

No one else has access to my computer, and I always log off so that's not it either.

I guess the really frustrating part is the way ebay has dealt with this (or how they have not dealt with it)

Thanks for the suggestions

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@angus_coin_shop wrote:

I myself never reply to bidders asking to remove or cancel a transaction, like femme wrote "pretty hard to do since you are asked twice to confirm your bid,"

unless you are literally blind, you should be able to avoid making that mistake.

As far as I am concerned they can either retract or pay.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

"i have a few buyers that have done it, they all got an unpaid strike

this is not a free for all, do anything you want"

I have never accidentally bid/bought anything but if I did or a buyer of one of my auctions I would just mutually agree to cancel the auction.  "a few" buyers out of 9000+ and your going to go to great lengths to be right, seems silly.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply