Has eBay Posted a Banner About the Possible CP Strike

I'm just wondering if American sellers, or Canadians for that matter, see any type of posting about a potential strike when they log on to eBay.  I don't see anything but I'm wondering if that's because I'm a seller and have a different view while I'm logged in.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@jt-libra wrote:

I'm just wondering if American sellers, or Canadians for that matter, see any type of posting about a potential strike when they log on to eBay.  I don't see anything but I'm wondering if that's because I'm a seller and have a different view while I'm logged in.

i dont either but i posted my own on my store not sure if that even works but im hope is doing that cause if they arnt that is a shame to say the least,

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

All evidence seems to be that eBay has increased the estimated delivery time for all CA sellers,  which is not really that helpful if you've made other arrangements with other carriers to fulfill orders. Buyers are scared away by the long delivery estimate.  I may be wrong however, but I have tried viewing items from multiple accounts in different locations and am not seeing a specific notice. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I didn't cancel my listings but simply hoped for the best.  I spent enough time changing and migrating a lot of my listings and I was just tired of working with them, to tell you the truth.  I don't have a store so I couldn't post a notice and I certainly wasn't going to add one to each listing.

I've had about 8 sales in the last 10 days, most of them on another selling account.  I advised each buyer of the potential for a strike or lock-out and asked if they wanted me to ship the item with the chance it would get held up in the mail stream; or did they want me to hold on to the items until something more certain was known, or I would be happy to send a refund.  Only one person cancelled and that was not even due to the work stoppage .... he thought he had purchased a Blu-ray, not a DVD.  The others said -- what will be will be; put them in the mail.  They weren't in a hurry.  So several that I mailed late last week and early this week have reached their destinations and I have a couple more to ship tomorrow.

Hopefully the union will agree to the binding arbitration.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

all your blurb says is the seller is away and there may be a delay in shipping, you don't have a date, or anything else specific in your message..
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

This is what one of my .ca listings show:

Estimated within 13-27 business days

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Main ebay.ca page has an expandable banner at the very top of the page: Possible Canada Post Work Disruption

-..-

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

Main ebay.ca page has an expandable banner at the very top of the page: Possible Canada Post Work Disruption

-..-

Thanks for that.  I logged out and then opened ebay.ca and saw the banner.  I think eBay did a good job in explaining the situation.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply