Hello everyone, I'm just wondering if anyone knows a certain mark on an antique vase that I have.

Hello, I've had this vase for some time and i'm thinking of putting it on here for sale but I don't know the mark and have researched what it could mean and have come up without an answer. I'm hoping that someone may be able to let me know any other resources or what the stamp means. It's located on the side of the vase near the bottom.

Thanks to anyone who is able to help.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hello everyone, I'm just wondering if anyone knows a certain mark on an antique vase that I have.

It's difficult to make out the markings on the stamp - your photo is too close up. Is there a mark on the bottom?   A photo that shows the entire vase would also be helpful, perhaps the style and/or glaze would give a clue to its origins.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If you don't want it anymore, just decide what price you are content to accept and put it up at auction for that.

If it sells, you got what you wanted. If there are multiple bidders, you will know the value.

Don't overthink it.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I think that's a "maker's mark" that is put onto handmade ceramics and porcelain, often from China. Not sure what that particular one means--it usually references the person who made it--but it's a place to start searching. Good luck. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply