Hello

avery@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello everyone 🙂

I want to take a moment to introduce myself as I will be stopping by from time to time. I have worked in a variety of capacities within Trust & Safety and several of the international sites. At the beginning of December, I moved to the PowerSeller Trust & Safety team specifically.

I also visit several of the Discussion Boards and address question and concerns. I have been doing this since the summer of 2003.

In my experience thus far on the Discussion Boards, I find that eBay has a dedicated group of members who answers questions and address concerns on a daily basis with their wealth of knowledge and experiences. I wanted to say in advance that I spend far more time reading than posting because its usually not necessary for me to post. However, if there are questions and concerns that do not seem to have an answer, I will be happy to take a stab at it.

I look forward to reading more. Have a great week 🙂

Sincerely,

Avery
eBayPowerSeller Trust & Safety

P.S. Favorite color is green; favorite movie is Love Actually; sun sign is Pisces; favorite emoticon is definitely the smiley face. In case anyone really wanted to know any of that 😉
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Hello

shooger
Community Member
Hello Avery, welcome! We've been sorely mistreated, abused, beaten (okay maybe not much beating), and neglected here for a while. Randall pops by from time to time, but hopefully we'll be seeing your face on a weekly basis! Welcome again, and thanks for posting!

Daron
"shooger"

PS: I like green too! But I'm married - don't get any thoughts.
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Hello

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Avery
Very nice to hear from eBay. Shooger summed it up pretty darn well.

There have been a number of us who have emailed eBay 24/7 looking for support and have NEVER had any response. There have been issues raised on this discussion board that could have used the timely assistance of someone from eBay.

Our hats are off to Randall and the PayPal people as they have done a stellar job of addressing PayPal concerns.

Often a quick response can avoid alot of the misunderstandings despite the assitance we try to give each other.

I think that as a result of the total absence of anyone from eBay on this board and responding to alot of PS members' addresses, this board is less than 85% as active as it was a month ago.

Here is hoping that your participation and ocassional visit will lend to providing the assistance we need when we cant get answers anywhere else.

Welcome

Malcolm
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Hello

avery@ebay.com
Community Member
Thanks everyone.

Yes, Randall is awesome 🙂 I've asked him a few PayPal questions as well

I am sorry to hear that there has been difficulty to receiving answers to questions and concerns. I hope that this will not be the case in the future.

Have a great weekend everyone! I look forwarded to hanging out with you.

Sincerely,

Avery
PowerSeller Trust & Safety
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Hello

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Avery
Thanks for dropping in. The one thing that you may notice is as I pointed out, the activity on the Canadian PS Board has dropped by at least 85%.

A once very active board, one that we felt was stellar in the discussions and participation over the US PS Board and others, has fallen very silent over the last month or so.

Participation decreased, I would suggest due to the frustration of wanting to get some feedback from eBay every once in a while.

In fact a thread was started several months ago calling for an eBay person (a Pink) to just say that you were alive and well and gave a $hit about us.

The Power Sellers feel that they contribute a fair chunk of change to eBay in fees. They, no WE also feel that we do our utmost to make buying on eBay a great experience for all Buyers. We try to not only live up to your values as posted but to exceed them, therby making trading on eBay a positive experience.

What has happenrd however is that the positive experience is not even, with Sellers, your Power Sellers, feeling that there is an imbalance between the Sellers and Buyers and we end up on the short end of the stick more often than not.

This is now being reflected in the lack of participation on the board where Sellers feel that they have to "Do It Alone" somewhat absent of support from eBay.

I dont speak for everyone but there is enough historical information within these threads to see the mounting disappointment.

You dont need to answer the past concerns from earlier postings, but it would be nice knowing that you will be here to address our new concerns on a regular basis.

The Canadian Power Sellers are a great bunch of people, as I have learned over the last year.

Malcolm

PS I emailed at least 3 requests to PS Support notifying them that I would not be selling over March due to a vacation and had never heard from them I requested that period not be used in calculating my eligibilty for my PS status. Can you confirm my request was recd and accepted?

After no response to those 3 emails and 2 others on another matter, I considered closing my eBay business and only began listing again last week, despite it being profitable.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Hello

ospreylinks
Community Member
Avery, also please have someone fix the technical glitches with both logging on to this board from a Canadian ISP (try logging in outside of the Ebay domain as I have sent requests for repair via the Powerseller US help, but when ebay staff log on via ebay systems, they do not see the error).

Also, It is not possible to for us to use the Canadian Powersellers on line help as again, we get an error message that Ebay staff, logging in via the Ebay system cannot see the error..... (or don't admit to seeing the error).....

Jeff

PS - My favourite colour is green, but as of late, I have been seeing red given Ebay's lack of interest in maintaining support systems....
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Hello

mahsauction
Community Member
Hiya Avery, Welcome to Canadian PS boards. Its good to see some pink here every once in a while.

Terry
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Hello

avery@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I hope we will see more activity in the near future and less frustration 🙂

Regarding the technical issues... I won't be in the office on Monday (oh, lol, that would technically be later today), so I will try to log in when I am away and see what the exact errors are and then try to see what kind of report I need to send on it.

amberwoodottawa, I have no idea how that would work nor where your emails went, but I'll try to find out and send you an email.

Sincerely,

Avery
PowerSeller Trust & Safety
Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Hello

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Its great to have Avery, an eBay pink on board. I recd his email this morning as promised on this thread and it looks like he is really on the ball.

I now believe that my emails sent to PS support in February and March may have been part of that computer glitch that Jeff and others have raised and they never received them.

Anyway, there is hope.

Malcolm

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Hello

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Avery
Today is April 23rd. I have suffered through several more computer glitches and not heard from anyone at eBay aside from your email on the 19th where I expected someone from eBay to contact me during your absence.

There appears to be more and more problems with your systems. For some reason I appear to be the first in line getting them and then others start having problems.

The latest was 10 minutes ago when I sent an eBay payment notice to a US customer and the entire email was in German.

I dont feel that I was treated properly by eBay in not receiving any response when a buyer started a campaign of spamming me with very questionable language (3-days of spamming and where I accepted 236 of his emails for the record), nor my request for not calculating March for eBay PS status while I was to away from eBay business.

If you didnt get the emails on these subjects then it is because your email link is not working as has been brought up several times by ospreylinks and others on this board and through emails.

There appears to be a really serious problem developing here that is having a detrimental affect on our eBay businesses.

Malcolm

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Hello

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Avery
I am really loosing my cool! Today is April 24th and I got a pink slap as I posted the GERMAN email that eBay sent my US customer after he won an auction and I sent him payment details. The GERMAN posting had my email address somewhere near the bottom of the text.

So once again, I get knocked for a violation by a supposed board mediator but no one at eBay deals with the bigger problem being the fact that you are sending my clients payments notices in a foreign language!

It is beyond my comprehension that eBay's Moderation Team who took the time to point out the minor infraction of my copying GERMAN text that included my email address buried in it without recognizing the technical problem caused by eBay and DEALING with it!

And then the entire thread is pulled, I assume due to the embarassment caused. Dont want others to know that their automated payment notices could be translated and sent to the customers in German do we?

This is service at its lowest form. I am normally a more patient individual however to overlook the bigger part of the problem and totally ignore the fact that eBay has a technical problem in inexcusable.

I had emailed the problem to eBay when it occured however I have never had a single response to any of my emails to eBay since becoming a Power Seller.

Can you explain to me what I am supposed to do when I run into these problems or should I just tolerate it when my customers get German notices and complain to me or when an eBay member who I feel was guilty of feedback exhtortion spams me with hundreds of emails containing foul language etc.?

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Hello

auctiondropnship
Community Member
amberwoodottawa

No Ebay did not turn you in . Someone on the PS board did . Ebay does not monitor the board the Sellers do
Auction Drop N Ship
Drop It, Sell It, Ship It

Canada's Ebay Drop Off Store
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Hello

auctiondropnship
Community Member
Ebay is a huge sytem . It's really not a big deal

You just remail the customer a kind note stating Ebay has a small Glich in the system . The give them a revised total

Being that Ebay is so huge there are bound to be gliches . It's how you work, react to them that sets you apart as a powerseller

Yes you pay fee's , we all do . But the Ebay system has always had gliches from day one . It's part of Ebay life, it's part of doing business on Ebay
Auction Drop N Ship
Drop It, Sell It, Ship It

Canada's Ebay Drop Off Store
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Hello

deltone
Community Member
I hope nobody thinks I reported you Malcolm. That is too strange. I posted on this thread last night saying something about you needing to maybe report your own thread as it had your address on there but I certainly didn't report it. I've made posts on other boards and "outed" my real id accidently and others told me to report my own posting and I did, and it was removed but I never got a pink slap for it......they just removed it.

Perhaps someone else reported the thread Malcolm and that's why you got the pink slap. I want to assure you though that it wasn't me.
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Hello

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
deltone
Dont worry I didnt think it was you. I have at least 2 people that follow me around, look at my auctions, read my posts. Try to take wacks at me.

Shows you what an exciting life they have.

Firstly I only read your comment around 6:30am this morning and I didnt pull the thread as I hoped that something would get eBay's attention. If someone reported it, maybe eBay would look at the bigger problem.

Its amazing how some people can report a minor violation and get immediate response from eBay yet I have never had any response to any of my emails or reports of violations to eBay.

Avery emailed me after reading my comments on this thread and said someone at eBay would be in touch during his 2-day ablsence last week. Nothing, No emails, No phone calls , no answers in the thread.

Its a good thing that my products are selling so well on eBay right now however due to all of the problems and lack of support I have encountered, I have not invested further in my eBay business which could easily quadruple in size.

Malcolm
Message 15 of 21
latest reply

Hello

deltone
Community Member
Good Malcolm, thanks. I don't think I've ever reported anyone's post, just my own and I've had to do that several times. Funny thing was once I reported my original posting and the whole thread was removed.

I hope you get your problems straightened out as it is pretty pathetic. Strange thing happened to me on Tuesday. I received a phone call from a gal at Paypal. She told me she was my own personal contact at Paypal and I can call her directly any time I have a Paypal problem. I thought that was rather nice. I was quite shocked.

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Hello

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Deltone
PayPal has been excellent at addressing people's problems, either directly or by way of this forum. Regardless of the problems some people are having, no one can take away from the fact that at least they are responding to questions and attempting to resolve issues that arise from time to time.

I emailed my customer a reminder last night and it went out in German again so I sent a personal email to him stating that there is a Glitch in eBay's systems.

Talk about people loosing confidence in a system. If there are these glitches, what other glitches are there that we are not seeing and maybe our customer's are seeing.

It was only because I get a copy of the automated emails generate to customers through eBay that I saw the German text. it was just funny that they would remove my posting and not deal with their own problem which is far more serious.

I dont report PSers for violations. I only bother with my customers if I feel that they are violating the rules. I believe that eBay should enforce its rules.

Malcolm
Message 17 of 21
latest reply

Hello

deltone
Community Member
I agree Malcolm. I really would never be bothered reporting someone else's post. I wasn't sure if you had realized your addy was in that post so took the liberty to make note of it in my post, but to report it, no way.

I think it's disgusting that ebay isn't addressing these concerns. Truth is, you're very likely to get a negative for sending out invoices in German as some ebayers are totally nutso and they blame the seller for all kinds of things. I hope you get it solved soon.
Message 18 of 21
latest reply

Hello

shooger
Community Member
Myself, I would report a post if I felt it was something that needed to be brough to the moderators' attention ASAP. I haven't ever had to do that here, though.

Malcolm, you have me worried that my invoices and emails from eBay are going out in German. I never request that I get a copy of anything I send using the eBay system, but I guess I'm going to have to do that in the future, so I can scan them for errors (or wrong languages).

Sorry to hear you got a warning. Do they add up on your file or something? Do they come to you by email?
Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Hello

ospreylinks
Community Member
Avery, any chance of having the sign in problem with this board fixed, or even an acknowledgement from you that you have received our pleas for help?

Jeff
Message 20 of 21
latest reply