Help! I accidently changed my ID. How to change back?

my_igloo_is_melting
Community Member
mrelmwood here.

I was changing a posting ID when all of a sudden my selling ID was change. I was on with Dead Help. I have sent an email in.

Any advice? Anyone I can contact? How? I need to change back and 30 days is a problem.

Thanks.
You've forgotten more than you will ever know. My MIL
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

katiusciav
Community Member
hi mrelmwood...funny...same thing happened to me awhile ago, and unfortunately, you're stuck with it for 30 days...i hated it, and couldn't wait for my 30 days to get my old id back, but ebay does safeguard your old id for 30 days, so there's no worry that someone else will snipe it. i don't know that sending an email in will help, ebay rarely makes exceptions to their rules, they didn't for me...
Kat
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Sorry to hear about your problem but I do like the id:) It gave me a chuckle.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

my_igloo_is_melting
Community Member
Thanks guys! What I figured. Went out for beer with the Brothers In Law club and had a laugh, at my expense.

I figured out that the old ID is safe for 30 days, but, what happens if I like the new ID? Good thing I picked something interesting, eh!
You've forgotten more than you will ever know. My MIL
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I think I once heard of someone who was able to "go back" by contacting Live (dead) Help.

Not sure if it was actually true or not but perhaps worth a try.

In the meantime if anyone searches for your old id they will be redirected for 30 days to your new one.
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply