Hey Glenda......

ospreylinks
Community Member
It's nice enough here in Northern Ontario to play golf today too!!!!! That is if you can find the course under the four feet of snow....

Jeff

Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Hey Glenda......

shooger
Community Member
Hi Glenda.
Message 2 of 69
latest reply

Hey Glenda......

muminlaw
Community Member
Well, I'm glad to hear you're getting some decent weather even if the stupid snow's still in the way! At least it gives you hope that better things are in store.

We were out last Thursday (a tad coolish for here, but playing briskly soon got us warm) and yesterday when it was so warm I had to take off my sweater! A couple of the courses we play once in a while are still a bit swampy but they're drying out quickly, and our favorite course is nice and dry although we're still on winter greens for a couple of holes.

We're planning to get out again tomorrow - if I get off my duff and get my listing finished for later this afternoon!

Talk to you later!

Glenda

Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 3 of 69
latest reply

Hey Glenda......

muminlaw
Community Member
Sorry, fellow golf addicts -- it's another beautiful day in Paradise! Took time for a round this morning and it was so warm we finished up in shirt-sleeves. The course is looking better by the day and the grounds-keepers are working like crazy on the greens.

I just really hope that, when the time comes, you can all retire here on the west coast where you can indulge yourself all year round! It's not inexpensive to live here - that's why we keep eBaying! Have to supplement the pensions and this seems to be the best way to do it while working our own hours.

Glenda

Glenda

Message 4 of 69
latest reply

Hey Glenda......

ospreylinks
Community Member
Glenda, sun came up and shown brightly here in Northern Ontario today as well. We now only have another three and a half feet to go and we will be standing on the grass hitting golf balls too!

Jeff
Message 5 of 69
latest reply

Hey Glenda......

cutecoins
Community Member
WHAT! Its snowing here....
JB
Message 6 of 69
latest reply

Hey Glenda......

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Well I cant wait for good weather so I am heading off for Florida at the end of next week for March break with the family. Hopefully it will be a little warmer there despite our record temperatures this week melting away the little snow we had.

The weatherman reported yesterday that we still have as much as 25% of our annual snowfall to hit us this month and the predictions are for a couple of really big snow storms.

Hopefully they will happen when I am sitting on a sunny warm beach on the Gulf of Mexico.

By the way, I emailed eBay through the PS support advising them that I would be shut down for 2 weeks and likely not have any sales for 3 weeks this month. I requested a break from calculating my eligibility to remain a PS.

Is that the correct place to make this request and how long should it take for them to let me know if they agree to the request?

Malcolm

Message 7 of 69
latest reply

Hey Glenda......

muminlaw
Community Member
That's the right place Malcolm, and they usually let me know within a day - I've done it three times now during spring and fall for our semi-annual show circuit. They've never turned me down.

Glenda

PS -- I'm pulling for you that your local snow storms hit while you're away! I hate having to gloat about good weather all by myself and Todd and the other Vancouverites are just too kind!!

Glenda

Message 8 of 69
latest reply

Hey Glenda......

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Glenda
I used to live in the West End, close enough to hear the monkeys screaming at Stanley Park.

I had a sailboat close enough to my apartment that I could get to it in under 3 minutes walk.

I recall a Christmas morning going out for a sail, brushing 1/4" of snow that fell off the deck and enjoying a great sunny day on the water, returning to my apartment and calling my parents in Ottawa who had spent that entire day shovelling snow.

Malcolm

Message 9 of 69
latest reply

Hey Glenda......

ospreylinks
Community Member
Cutecoins (post #5), no it is not currently snowing here, but from December to March, it has, resulting in alot of snow on the ground..... which is slowly melting, but we still have 3 1/2 feet to go!

Cheers

Jeff

Actually after today (it wasn't quite as warm as the past couple of days, but still above freezing), we even have less snow to go, but they are again forecasting snow.... yuk....see it really wasn't spring, just mother nature teasing us...
Message 10 of 69
latest reply

Hey Glenda......

whoscloset
Community Member
You know I'd almost consider moving to lovely BC with all that beautiful, warm weather. Oops, almost forgot, that's where all my in-laws live!

I think I'll stay hunkered down in my cold southern Ontario home. Much more pleasant here!

Monique

Monique

Message 11 of 69
latest reply

Hey Glenda......

shooger
Community Member
Yup, we had a snowfall in November, and it's been mild and rainy since then, with a few bright sunny days. Spring has effecively been here since early December 😛

(Vancouver BC)
Message 12 of 69
latest reply

Hey Glenda......

muminlaw
Community Member
shooger, just don't believe CTV when they tell you that Victoria is having the same weather as Vancouver -- we're not! C'mon over one rainy day and see for yourself.

Glenda

Glenda

Message 13 of 69
latest reply

Hey Glenda......

cutecoins
Community Member
Came home from my day job to see the city guys had used a front end loader to clear the street in front of the house....man was that a pile of snow...and packed down too BIG! Yep I had a pile well over 10 feet tall piled in front of my house...almost everyone had a similar pile there too....all along the street..
It will be winter here for a few more weeks here in the north west..Had a couple of days above freezing....wow that felt great....the warm sun just beating down on the face...Come to think about it...it was reflecting good off the snow too...
Smiles from the north
JB
Message 14 of 69
latest reply

Hey Glenda......

shooger
Community Member
Glenda, my uncle and his family are in Victoria. I know you speak the truth 😛
Message 15 of 69
latest reply

Hey Glenda......

muminlaw
Community Member
Sorry everyone! I have to work really hard to keep from feeling guilty that we're not suffering the miserable weather that the rest of the country is getting 😞 I DO feel guilty that our daffs and Japanese plums are blooming when so many of you can't even see the grass!

Jeff, I had my first golf lesson yesterday -- she didn't find a lot to change, just a few subtle changes that really made a difference while she was watching me! Going to the driving range this afternoon to practice before I forget.

Glenda

Glenda

Message 16 of 69
latest reply

Hey Glenda......

ospreylinks
Community Member
Glenda,

Just responding to your post in "I got my First Neg" thread.....

You were commenting on how nice the golfing weather is and the deer out, etc.

Things are getting good here in Northern Ontario too. Although here, there is still scattered snow (and way too much still on my back 9 which is wooded and quite sheltered) if the weather stays as it is, I would surmise that I might have the course open in about three weeks....but alot can happen to the weather from now to then.... and remember March In Like A Lamb, Out Like A Lion and here, March definitely came in like a Lamb.

Speaking of deer, last week I spent a great deal of time on a tractor removing snow from the greens (yes at that point there was still enough snow to require a tractor), mainly to expose the ice that we received in late December early January to minimize the turf killed by ice desiccation, in any event although the tractor is noisier than the deer like, every once in a while you end up scaring a few out of the woods as you pass.... Our deer are somewhat use to the equipment running around, so they don't spook immediately, certainly not tame enough to approach, but if they feel they are at safe distance, they will watch you go by.

They are really such beautiful creatures, and although as a younger guy use to hang around a macho bunch who took pleasure in blasting bambi to bits, I have always much rather watched them in the wild then cut them with my knife and fork....

But give me a Canada Goose, and I would rather whack it with a 9 iron then look at those crapping waste of feathers.... I end up with a few hundred of them on the course every fall, and the mess they leave behind.... Guess I am going to have to get a dog....

Or....maybe I should sell them on EBay.... anyone interested in bidding on your own Canada Goose... buy one or buy the flock, just get them off my property.... (this is just a joke folks, don't alert the game wardens, I know it is illegal to sell wild game in any form... again this is just a joke....)

But I hope golf season comes soon here too!

Jeff
Message 17 of 69
latest reply

Hey Glenda......

whoscloset
Community Member
Jeff, Consider yourself reported! From, PETA

LOL

Monique

Message 18 of 69
latest reply

Hey Glenda......

ospreylinks
Community Member
PETA, what the heck is that....

Pets and other animals are good to Eat with Tomato ketchup and Ale?

If they will look after my goose problem, I'll buy the Ketchup......

Jeff
Message 19 of 69
latest reply

Hey Glenda......

muminlaw
Community Member
"ice desiccation" = freezer burn in the deep freeze?

The deer on our course will let you get to within 10 feet before they bolt -- I'm scared stiff I'll hit one of them with an errant shot! And most of the local courses have dogs patrolling (and chasing) geese and, on occasion, the groundskeepers have taken off after the flocks with the tractors and mowers! I've seen a few that are limping around (obviously whacked with a ball) and I've driven right into the middle of a flock and they don't even look up! I keep expecting them to start trying to hatch the ball. Stupid birds!! You bring the ketchup, I'll bring us some ale.

Glenda

Glenda

Message 20 of 69
latest reply