Hi I am in New Zealand and want to bid on an auction which states he ships overseas but does not list NZ. Ebay will not let me ask question

pjp15c
Community Member

Why will Ebay not let me ask buyer to list NZ so I can bid . Ebay should let people contact traders so they can ask quetions . It is frustrating and user unfriendly . Come on Ebay please change it .

I hate missing on items because you will not let me ask trader to let me bid . I have found most traders Ebay has let me ask have changed listing to let me bid .

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi I am in New Zealand and want to bid on an auction which states he ships overseas but does not list NZ. Ebay will not let me ask question

scifan57
Community Member
It's not eBay that's preventing you from contacting the seller to ask if he will ship to you, it's the seller. eBay allows sellers to block communication from bidders and buyers located in countries they do not ship to. I'm afraid that in this case there's nothing you can do but move on and find a seller willing to communicate and ship to you in New Zealand.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

New Zealand is the red-headed stepchild of eBay. You don't even seem to be included when overseas sellers specify Australia. As another nation that is sleeping with an elephant (Canada/USA) we understand the frustration.

What site are you bidding from?

Try logging in to ebay.co.uk or ebay.ca and asking your question from there.

BTW, what is the home site for Kiwis?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply