Hi, I received the item that I order, but it's not the item that was shown on the picture and it was broken, now I would like to send it b

kini3193
Community Member

Hi everyone, there is my problem, I received my item but it's not the one that was shown on the picture and it is broke. Now I would like to send it back but the shipping price is higher than what the item worth. And the seller said that he would just refund the value of that item, but not the shipping.

What should I do with it?

Because it's not my fault it's his mistake..

Tanks for your answer.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi, I received the item that I order, but it's not the item that was shown on the picture and it was broken, now I would like to send it b

scifan57
Community Member

First, contact the seller and explain the problem. State that you would like To send it back for a refund. If the seller agrees, send it back with delivery confirmation and you should receive the reund after the seller e receives the returned item.

if you can't contact the seller or the seller refuses to reund you or seems to be delaying the procedure, open an item not as described dispute in the PayPal resolution center. this will force a refund, even if the seller refuses. Ship the item back at your expence, with delivery confirmation and PayPal will refund your entire payment, including the cost to ship to you as soon as delivery confirmation shows that the seller has received the returned item.

in some cases, a seller will agree to pay the cost of return shipping but there is no way to force an unwilling seller to do so.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Did the seller tell you specifically when you contacted him that he would only refund the selling price and not the shipping fee?

Or is this something in his listing?

If the latter, contact him and explain the actual problem. Offer pictures of the damage. Tell him you want to destroy the useless item and be refunded in full.

Let him think about the tools you have to succeed.

As you say, the return shipping (which Paypal would insist be proved delivered) is more than you want to spend for the return.

But you still control your feedback and the very important Detailed Seller Ratings.

If he doesn't offer a satisfactory answer (and do consider compromise, that is a win too), then the most effective feedback is calm and factual and the lowest Rating is One.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

scifan57
Community Member

First, contact the seller and explain the problem. State that you would like To send it back for a refund. If the seller agrees, send it back with delivery confirmation and you should receive the reund after the seller e receives the returned item.

if you can't contact the seller or the seller refuses to reund you or seems to be delaying the procedure, open an item not as described dispute in the PayPal resolution center. this will force a refund, even if the seller refuses. Ship the item back at your expence, with delivery confirmation and PayPal will refund your entire payment, including the cost to ship to you as soon as delivery confirmation shows that the seller has received the returned item.

in some cases, a seller will agree to pay the cost of return shipping but there is no way to force an unwilling seller to do so.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Did the seller tell you specifically when you contacted him that he would only refund the selling price and not the shipping fee?

Or is this something in his listing?

If the latter, contact him and explain the actual problem. Offer pictures of the damage. Tell him you want to destroy the useless item and be refunded in full.

Let him think about the tools you have to succeed.

As you say, the return shipping (which Paypal would insist be proved delivered) is more than you want to spend for the return.

But you still control your feedback and the very important Detailed Seller Ratings.

If he doesn't offer a satisfactory answer (and do consider compromise, that is a win too), then the most effective feedback is calm and factual and the lowest Rating is One.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

kini3193
Community Member

Yes I asked him and he said that he will only refund the price that i paid and he doesnt seem to want to change his mind..

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member

PayPal will require your seller to refund the entire price of the item, including the original shipping cost. The downside is that PayPal requires the delivery confirmed return of the item before issuing he refund.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply