Hi can someone sell under name different names,,

otpranch
Community Member
7 REPLIES 7

Yes.

I believe a registered user can have up to 8 accounts or something like that. Not 100% sure but it's definitely over 5.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You can have as many accounts as you wish.  You need a different email address for each one.

You can have up to eight (8) email addresses linked to your PayPal account.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Futher question. If a member Blocks an ID, do all the IDs from that person (or possible that IP address) also get Blocked?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

"If a member Blocks an ID, do all the IDs from that person (or possible that IP address) also get Blocked?"

Great question.

I do not know.  We could test it if you want.  I could block one of your user ID (femmefan1946) and you bid on a small lot using one of your other User IDs.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Futher question. If a member Blocks an ID, do all the IDs from that person (or possible that IP address) also get Blocked?

No. Otherwise, when someone was blocked because they had more than 2 unpaid strikes in a year, they would be

unable to buy under another id and right now they can go around the block by using a different id.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I can also attest to that.  Someone once blocked one of my ids because she didn't care for my questions about shipping although she responded to me very politely.

I used another id to bid because I have sniper credits there,  but I emailed to inform her that I was the same person when I won.  I wasn't hiding anything.

I got in trouble for that and was told I was trying to get past the block............... even though I had no idea I had been blocked in the first place.

I'm used to that kind of thing, but that's no way to treat a customer.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

You sell under your legal name or trade name. The trade name can be anything, John Smith or Coca Cola as long as you don't overlap your business activities with other trademark holders in the jurisdiction you are registering and as long as Revenue Canada can identify the person behind the name.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply