Hi does anybody know if Ebay will do anything if a sell does not honour there warranty on a item

kgsjd17
Community Member

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi does anybody know if Ebay will do anything if a sell does not honour there warranty on a item

EBay? Probably not.

If the time is short enough, you can go to eBay or Paypal with a Not As Described dispute.

Remember that most retailers do not warranty their goods. That is left to the manufacturer.

And most manufacturers will not honour a warranty unless the item was sold by one of their designated retailers.

Most (though not all) eBay sellers are not official /designated sellers in the eyes of the manufacturer.

So.

Unless the seller made the item himself, any warranty is unlikely to be enforceable.

If it has been less than 45 days, go to the eBay Resolution Centre.

If it has been less than 180 days, go to the Paypal Resolution Centre.

If you back your PP account with a credit card, phone the card's Customer Service line and ask about a chargeback.

Remember that you would probably have to return the item to the seller (or the manufacturer) using Confirmation of Delivery if you want a refund or replacement.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hi thanks...But the item is a led light bar and clearly states 3 yr warranty on the ad ...I would not have purchased it if it had no warranty...so to me the item is not as described you would think?.....I have sent them all kinds of emails and they will not answer if they dont back there product that is fraudulent ....EBAY needs to fix this I am a big purchaser on this site!!!!!
Message 3 of 3
latest reply