Hi was wondering about how to find out how long it will take for an item to be shipped to my place.

karsttybaer
Community Member

Was wondering on how to track my item I bought while its shipping.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi was wondering about how to find out how long it will take for an item to be shipped to my place.

How much did you pay for shipping? Tracking is very expensive. Within Canada you would be looking a ExpressPost or Priority Post which cost over $20 and take between overnight and three days,depending on how far from a major centre you love.

From the USA $20 or more would cover Delivery Confirmation but not tracking. That would just tell you the parcel had been accepted at the post office.

Oh I could go on.

Basically, as the buyer you may want to know where your parcel is, but you don't want to pay for it. Unless you are buying the Koohinoor Diamond.

Ask your seller the shipping date and the service used.

From within Canada, expect to wait about 14 calendar days.

From the USA, expect to wait about 20 calendar days.

From Western Europe expect to wait about 10 calendar days. From Eastern Europe expect to wait about 20 calendar days.

From Asia expect to wait about 30 days.

You are covered against non-delivery by Paypal's Buyer Protection Policy. If the seller is non-responsive or if the delivery takes over the times above, open an Item Not Received Dispute within 43 days of purchase.

The postal system is very reliable. Not as fast as you would like, but very reliable.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

According to the listing the item was sent from within Canada and was probably sent with regular parcel or expedited parcel..and as stated on the Canada Post site.....both have tracking and delivery confirmation Normally, the seller will give you the tracking number or upload the number so that you can see it by looking at the transaction on your my ebay page or or on your paypal account.

To be honest, I don't have a good feeling about this seller although hopefully my feeling is wrong. They have 0 feedback and their listing is almost an exact copy of item 120952722559. They have also sold 25 of that item in less than a week so that tells me the price is probably low.

Has the seller contacted you since you paid for the headset or have you tried to contact the seller?  If not, you could message them and ask for the tracking number. If you don't get a reply and don't have the headset within 2 weeks from purchase, you should think about filing an item not received claim. Keep an eye on the seller's feedback...if they start getting positive feedback from buyers, then perhaps everything is fine. If they start getting negatives because people haven't received their headset..you should file a claim.

Normally I wouldn't suggest filing that quickly but something doesn't seem right. You will be covered by Paypal as long as you file within 45 days so please don't worry.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
I think that your seller is drop shipping from China,despite what the item location in the listing says. Open the item not received dispute as soon as possible
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

my best guess... 9 months.   I'm going to assume that you bought a live animal from Madagascar.

Customs can hold those things for a LONG time (and they don't feed them either)

Message 5 of 5
latest reply