How Am I a Power Seller?

I just got the powerseller icon beside my ID. I don't get how I became a powerseller. My sales this month has been a little over $300. Last month it was $216. There is no way I should be a powerseller. What happened - did they change the requirements?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

How Am I a Power Seller?

I just noticed the same thing. I have not been a power seller since 2008 and there is no way that I had the minimum sales volume for Bronze status.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

How Am I a Power Seller?

The standard has dropped to only $3000 a year.

There are some other standards you have to meet, but that is a big drop.

You will probably see a 5% drop in your fees next month, maybe more.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

How Am I a Power Seller?

There is no way I should be a powerseller

You and about 50,000 other sellers!

Nothing personal but they have lowered the standard so much it's really pretty meaningless as an indicator of anything.

I do 10 times your volume and although I have a lot of experience there is hardly much power in my selling!

It's classic eBay, where small time hobby sellers can be powersellers just as almost any idiot can have 99.8% feedback or higher.

But take the small benefits they give. 5% discount on FVF and if you can make TRS status today it will be 20%.

Pretty much everything else from the old Powerseller program has been gutted unless you are a platinum or diamond.

I hope nobody feels insulted, I consider myself to be just barely a step up from hobby seller in spite of my shooting star.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

How Am I a Power Seller?

I'm on the same boat, I was a PS for years, but my business took a dive for the last couple... got rid of one of my accounts and only kept this one.. I do OK for a side business (pays for my toyz) but not to be a real PS To be honest, all I missed was this board... LOL and maybe the extra discount. Regardless is nice to be back...
Message 5 of 5
latest reply