How about Ebay negotiating with other carriers?

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
My "other" business has negotiated rates with Canpar for DOMESTIC shipments and we are now paying less for most shipments within Canada than we were for Canada Post.

The nice thing about Canpar is the online tracking with every order, EXCELLENT customer service, Multiple pc rates that are very reasonable, VERY RARE to see weights rebilled as a cubed weight etc.

I think that Canpar NOT beinga crown corporation would be VERY eager to sit down with ebay.ca Pinks.
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

catseye*
Community Member
Too bad Canpar doesn't ship to the states. 99% of my pkgs go across the border.

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
I agree !!!!

They also now ship to America , they piggy back onto UPS
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
ycs, have you shipped anything by Canpar yet to the states? Is it cheaper to send the item directly through UPS?
The reason I ask is that one of our sales people inadvertantly sent a parcel by Canpar to one of the islands in BC that Canpar does not service. The customer received the parcel by Post. Would have been cheaper in that case to have sent by post in the first place. Because of the paperwork involved they sometimes charge an arm and a leg when they interline with another carrier
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

brownboxit
Community Member
I am most interested to hear anyone's experiences with Canpar to the USA, I was at their website the other day looking for rates to US.

I'm disappointed with CP, and now a little bit more after the powersellers / cp discounts, not that i don't appreciate the effort and gesture by ebay canada, but broker fees for duty free sub 200 dollars packages? and wildly fluctuating prices / terms added on to the fact that we are merely treated as individual account holders as opposed to a group to get some real discounts leaves me a little deflated.

No offense to CP union workers, but another holdout with more demands for what doesn't strike me as the most demanding job has set the wheels in motion for another round of crazy pricing, it's obscene that sending a 20 dollar item costs 10 dollars to the states if you want something as routine as Delivery C. to protect yourself & the mail from fraud, and then takes 3 weeks to arrive..
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

can-import
Community Member
Why not Fedex?
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
fedex express maybe. fedex ground, let's not talk about it please.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

dan.j.m
Community Member
Canpar is really best for city-city parcels, rather than something rural-rural, city-rural or rural-city, since they aren't really the size of Fedex or UPS and outsource what they can't ship.
I believe they use Fedex Ground in the USA and I've used them a few times without a problem. Their rates were much less than CP for what I was sending out. Since Fedex Ground takes 5 business days, its transit time is actually quite comparable to Xpresspost.
Pickup is also included in their quote if I remember correctly.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

dan.j.m
Community Member
Canpar is really best for city-city parcels, rather than something rural-rural, city-rural or rural-city, since they aren't really the size of Fedex or UPS and outsource what they can't ship.
I believe they use Fedex Ground in the USA and I've used them a few times without a problem. Their rates were much less than CP for what I was sending out. Since Fedex Ground takes 5 business days, its transit time is actually quite comparable to Xpresspost.
Pickup is also included in their quote if I remember correctly.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Fedex charges a 5.00 American home drop off , to American addresses . You also have to have huge amounts of paperwork for each product. They also do not drop of to PO boxes and getting money back from them is a huge pain in the A$$

I would tell you to take a look at UPS..
Todd
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
Todd is 100% correct with getting your $$ money back with FedUP.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply