How can I contact ebay with an issue that is past the expiry date?

moxi5
Community Member

I purchased a pink microsoft xbox 360 wireless controller from 2012k-point in March 2013, I received the item in April 2013, I tried the controller to make sure it worked, the item worked so I left excellent feedback for the seller. A few days after receiving the controller my husband and I went online with some friends and for the first time I tried plugging my headset into the input to talk with my friends online. The headset would not work in the controller, I tried 3 other headsets and had no luck with any (those headsets work in all of our other controllers) I contacted 2012k-point with the issue and they were prompt to contact me to try to resolve the issue, I tried all the techniques they wanted me to, to try to fix the controller, I had no luck with any of their suggestions. They asked me to take it to a shop to have the controller repaired, however we do not have a store that fixes controllers in my community. Finally they agreed to either refund my money or I could ship back the item and they would cover the shipping costs  (they asked me to send the item without a tracking number so the shipping costs would be less, I have the emails saved to prove my accusations) they stated once received the returned item they would send me back another controller. They assured me in multiple emails that I would not be at a loss and had pleded that I not contact ebay or open a case with this issue. They have positive feedback results and I wanted the controller so I choose to go with the second option. On May 11th, 2013 I sent back the controller with all the necessary purchase information, I emailed the copy of the receipt for proof of returned shipment to 2012k-point and began to wait for my new controller to be shipped. After 3 weeks of waiting I decided to contact the seller to see if they have received my returned item, I was contacted back that they have not yet received the item, I patiently waited again. After 5 weeks of waiting I contacted the seller again, they have not contacted me back and I am currently out $56.00 for cost of the item and shipping costs. It has now been 43 days since I sent back the item and 24 days since the seller has contacted me. My issue still is not resolved, I am unable to open a case or report the problem due to the fact that my item is past the 45day expiry date. I am hoping to get some kind of resolution with this problem as I no longer want to purchase items from ebay from this experience, I'm hoping to change that and would like some help from ebay customer support.

Thanks

moxi5

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

How can I contact ebay with an issue that is past the expiry date?

@moxi5 wrote:

I purchased a pink microsoft xbox 360 wireless controller from 2012k-point in March 2013, I received the item in April 2013, I tried the controller to make sure it worked, the item worked so I left excellent feedback for the seller. A few days after receiving the controller my husband and I went online with some friends and for the first time I tried plugging my headset into the input to talk with my friends online. The headset would not work in the controller, I tried 3 other headsets and had no luck with any (those headsets work in all of our other controllers) I contacted 2012k-point with the issue and they were prompt to contact me to try to resolve the issue, I tried all the techniques they wanted me to, to try to fix the controller, I had no luck with any of their suggestions. They asked me to take it to a shop to have the controller repaired, however we do not have a store that fixes controllers in my community. Finally they agreed to either refund my money or I could ship back the item and they would cover the shipping costs  (they asked me to send the item without a tracking number so the shipping costs would be less, I have the emails saved to prove my accusations) they stated once received the returned item they would send me back another controller. They assured me in multiple emails that I would not be at a loss and had pleded that I not contact ebay or open a case with this issue. They have positive feedback results and I wanted the controller so I choose to go with the second option. On May 11th, 2013 I sent back the controller with all the necessary purchase information, I emailed the copy of the receipt for proof of returned shipment to 2012k-point and began to wait for my new controller to be shipped. After 3 weeks of waiting I decided to contact the seller to see if they have received my returned item, I was contacted back that they have not yet received the item, I patiently waited again. After 5 weeks of waiting I contacted the seller again, they have not contacted me back and I am currently out $56.00 for cost of the item and shipping costs. It has now been 43 days since I sent back the item and 24 days since the seller has contacted me. My issue still is not resolved, I am unable to open a case or report the problem due to the fact that my item is past the 45day expiry date. I am hoping to get some kind of resolution with this problem as I no longer want to purchase items from ebay from this experience, I'm hoping to change that and would like some help from ebay customer support.

Thanks

moxi5

Hi moxi5,

Sorry to hear this happened. For future reference, if you'd like to contact Customer Support, please visit this link.

Can you please email me with the private listing's item number? I can't guarantee that a favourable outcome will result in this, but I can forward this concern over to Customer Support & see what options are available at this point.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 2 of 2
latest reply