How can I delete a second eBay account that was neither activated, nor does it have a password?

I tried changing my e-mail address on my current account, but eBay said the new e-mail address I chose was already registered on a separate account. Obviously I didn't remember doing this, and had no idea what the password could be, so using the second e-mail address, I clicked 'Forgot Password'. But if would not allow me to request a new password, because apparently I never clicked the link in the 'Confirmation E-mail' that was sent to that e-mail address however long ago when that second account was created. And I've deleted many things in that e-mail address over the years, so that Confirmation E-mail is long gone. So now I'm unable to log in to the second account, and unable to update my e-mail address in my first account because the address I want is linked to the second account. My question is: how do I delete that second account so I can use its e-mail address in my first account?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

How can I delete a second eBay account that was neither activated, nor does it have a password?

It is possible that some one else previously had that eMail address and used it on eBay.

Even if the account was closed you couldn't use that eMail address.

eBay only allows an eMail address to be used once.

If some one previously used that eMail address on eBay it can not be used again.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@ray_tenvon wrote:

I tried changing my e-mail address on my current account, but eBay said the new e-mail address I chose was already registered on a separate account. Obviously I didn't remember doing this, and had no idea what the password could be, so using the second e-mail address, I clicked 'Forgot Password'. But if would not allow me to request a new password, because apparently I never clicked the link in the 'Confirmation E-mail' that was sent to that e-mail address however long ago when that second account was created. And I've deleted many things in that e-mail address over the years, so that Confirmation E-mail is long gone. So now I'm unable to log in to the second account, and unable to update my e-mail address in my first account because the address I want is linked to the second account. My question is: how do I delete that second account so I can use its e-mail address in my first account?

Hi ray_tenvon,

Please contact Customer Support so they can provide assistance on this for you.

Thanks, 

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 3 of 3
latest reply