How can I go after a seller that does not respond to a Warranty issue?

I purchased a Car DVD/GPS player that worked great for the first 60 days. Item 

I left positive feedback for the seller,

The unit I purchased has since developed a few problems. 

1. The front channel (two speakers) cut in and out intermittently, at the same time. (indicating the problem is in the head unit.

2. The GPS software has stopped working.

3. The GPS maps are seriously out of date.

The ad  stated a 1 year Warranty and Lifetime map updates.

I have sent numerous emails asking for how I get map updates and now asking for Warranty support.

The Seller has not responded to my emails, and is choosing to ignore me completely

How and where can I get help?

Thanks,

Glenn 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If you paid with your credit card through PayPal, file a claim (chargeback) with your credit card issuer (bank). 

Call them at the toll free number shown on your monthly statement.

Good Luck

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Most warranties are from the manufacturer, although a retailer may expedite the process.

Did you get a manufacturer's warranty card? Did you send it in?

Contact the manufacturer -- there may be a local dealer or you may have to ship to the factory.

For the non-responsive seller, after 45 days neither Paypal nor eBay will help with disputes.

After 60 days you cannot leave feedback.

Your credit card (which you attached to you PP account) has longer deadlines  for disputes ; from 60 to 120 days. Phone their 1-800 customer service number and ask about chargebacks. You may have to return the item to the seller or the manufacturer for a refund.

You can leave a Response to either your own or your seller's feedback indefinitely. The most effective feedback is calm and factual.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply