How can I set 3 shipping costs? Canada, USA and outside North America?

Using Ebay Canada. I would like to set 3 shipping costs

1) within Canada

2) USA

3) Outside North America

When I try and set "International Shipping" I have to choose either USA or Worldwide.

Shipping charges are different for these two. Why are there not 3 separate shipping sections?

Maybe I am missing something...

Thanks for any assistance.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Its pretty easy.  The domestic shipping obviously  would be your rate to Canada.  In the international section under "ship to" choose "choose custom location" on the dropdown menu and check the US box then specify that rate.  On the next International shipping option choose worldwide and set that rate.  The same trick works if you offer different shipping options (UPS, Canada Post, ect)

Cheers,

George

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for your response hamsterstamps. I get the domestic rate to Canada. It's the international shipping section that throws me. We may be looking at separate interface screens.

Here is what I am presented with:
Under INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING (OPTIONAL)
and selecting "Create your own shipping option"

SHIPPING OPTION drop down either "Charge a fixed cost" or "Charge actual cost"
DESTINATION: drop down either "Worldwide" or "United States"

From what I see there is no 'next international shipping option' as you say.
I can set a domestic rate for Canada and then set an international rate that is either "Worldwide" or "United States" .
It is one or the other, and I am not seeing or being presented with a 'next international shipping option'

FYI I am new at selling this month, am using ebay Canada with Chrome browser on PC.
Again, than you very much for your response.
-alan
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The first two steps I agree with, but I prefer to use Custom Location a second time (watch for the blue link to appear once you have USA confirmed).

I then choose most of those locations, but NOT N&S America NOR USA. These will, I believe, overrride your USA setting and show overseas costs to US customers. Not a good thing.

I usually don't choose Mexico, but I mostly sell English language books, so my market there would be vanishingly small. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for your response reallynicestamps.
Your advice doesn't seem to apply to the interface options I am seeing. This might be because I am using Ebay Canada.

I only have 2 options:
1) "How you'll ship it" which is for domestic shipping in Canada only.
2) "International Shipping (optional)" in which I can select a destination of EITHER United States or Worldwide. If I select United States, it gives me no further options for Worldwide - and vice versa.

So I am left with setting shipping for Canada & USA or Canada & Worldwide. I want to list with shipping charges for Canada, USA and Worldwide, as shipping charges are different from Canada to USA and outside North America.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Simple solution.

Fill in the first section for domestic shipping (within Canada).

In second section -

On one line - Select Custom shipping and pick USA

On another line - Select Worldwide shipping for all the rest of the International shipping

whether by Surface or Air Mail.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for your reply gwrocen,

My second section is "International shipping (optional)"
From a drop down, I can select "destination" as either USA or Worldwide.
I am given no option to create "on another line", as you say, for Worldwide.

I very much appreciate your feedback.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply