How come I have no access when the seller tells me he has opened his listings to all world?

I found a way to communicate with the seller on eBay Com I am on ebay.ca The seller tells me he has opened his settings to sell worldwide and also ships worldwide.He sells the same items that some chinese stores that i have no problems accessing sells .I don't know why i would have lost access to his store when i could esely access it last year.

this is what i get when trying to access his items

Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

Nothing is illegal there and and different from other sellers i access.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

How come I have no access when the seller tells me he has opened his listings to all world?

Are you logged on the French eBay.ca site?  That may be the problem.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

nope, English is all i see in my menus and options.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@13slimsam wrote:

I found a way to communicate with the seller on eBay Com I am on ebay.ca The seller tells me he has opened his settings to sell worldwide and also ships worldwide.He sells the same items that some chinese stores that i have no problems accessing sells .I don't know why i would have lost access to his store when i could esely access it last year.

this is what i get when trying to access his items

Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

Nothing is illegal there and and different from other sellers i access.

Hi 13slimsam,

Can you please send me an email with the item number so we can see what the issue may be?

Thanks, 

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

ok thanks .I am sending you the infos.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

did you get my e-mail?

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

so i guess this seems like a dead end subject. No answers ,nothing.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

The email you sent to Kalvin, can you post it here? Maybe we can help you if we know more about the issue.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@13slimsam wrote:

did you get my e-mail?

Hi 13slimsam,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - I haven't actually received your email - would you mind resending it to kalvin@ebay.com please? I'll have Customer Support reach out to you to figure out what the issue may be.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

ok Kalvin i am snding it now.

Thanks 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Many thanks to Kalvin who found the problem for me .It is the language setting in my browser that was causing ebay to block some items.I tryed with a third browser and it works!! Thank Thanks Thanks 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Hi,
ant is the browser you use now ? Because i have exactly the same problem... i have try firefox and google chrome. Thank you

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I made my own topic regarding the same case a few weeks ago without an answer : http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Search/Why-can-t-I-access-some-items-with-the-computers-but-I-can-with/q...

Would you mind being clearer about what setting you changed? I tried eBay's French and English setting at the top but it did not work. Thanks!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Ok I think I got your solution. I use google chrome and I had to change the default language to English in the advanced parametres. Now it's displaying alright.

Ebay, FIX THIS!
Message 14 of 14
latest reply